It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
BioIdentical T3 and T4

Does anyone here use the a Compounding Pharmacy for T3 and T4 supplementation......?

I went to talk to a Compounding Pharmacist about BI Hormones and he asked me if I had considered this for my T3 T4. I told him I did not want to rock the boat since my Armour was working so well.........

Is anyone on BioIdentical hormones? If so how has this worked for you?

Has anyone tried this and what was your outcome?

Thanks, Oleander

Old 01-25-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User
Re: BioIdentical T3 and T4

Hi,
I personally am not using any of them. But I am very interested in them. I have Suzanne Summers book about the Bio Identicals. It really makes allot of sense too me.

But, I do know of people that are using them and know one gal personally. Her and her husband both use them and she swears by them. She actually goes to one of the dr's that is listed in Suzanne's book. She said she has never felt better on them.

And the other gal was a lady that works at a chiropractors office. She said her sister takes them and luv's them! She said she also has never felt better.

Now weather they take any thyroid bioidenticals I am not sure! But it is worth a try I would think. I would luv to find a dr in my area that knows about the bioidenticals.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Hi Oleander,

I use a number of other hormones that are compounded bio-identical, that are not thyroid hormones. I've used them successfully for many yrs. now, without the side effects & allergic reactions that I got with standard Rx.

I don't often hear the term "bio-identical" applied to T3, T4. Could be I'm missing something.

I do use a compounded T3 product. It is T3 in a slow-release cellulose matrix. It has worked pretty well for me, to raise T3. I could not tolerate Cytomel.

I use regular Levoxyl for my T4, but I use only the dye-free 50 mcg. as needed & Rxd to fill my requirement there.

HTH.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the responses.......

Instead of BioIndentical for thyroid, he may have said compounded.......I will find out.

I have also read Suzzanne Somer's book and think it is pretty good even though she came under attack for some of the information.... I liked the book.

I am taking some of the herbs she recommends like Cinnamon and Rhodiola and I seem to have more energy.....

The Pharmacist is going to start me on a small dose of oral Biest, progesterone and testosterone since all of them were extremely low on my tests.........the surgeon who is watching my nodules said it was fine to start on them. I requested the pills versus the cream due to my traveling for work so much..........

If it goes well I will look further into the compounded T3 and T4.

I hope some others will share their experiences with this. Thanks for the help ladies..........

Oleander

Old 01-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User

My answer is not much help, but I did take a compounded t4/t3 product. I am one of those that don't tolerate any thyroid hormone, even when my numbers say I need it. I tried the compounded one, and I got the same exact reaction that I do to Armour-hot, heartracing-even on a low dose. So, my problem is definitely NOT the fillers, which I didn't ever think was doing that to me, anyway.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Deb123 HB User

The doc I'm using now took me off armour and wanted me to go on compounded T4/T3 as they have a compounding pharmacy there but I couldn't stay with it. I think I have low stomach issues and really need to take my meds sublingaly (sp?). I gave it about 3 months and had so many hypo symptoms but by my labs they wouldn't increase me so I jumped ship and went back to armour.

I use the bio-identical hormones, they are a cream so do fine there. Use compounded cortisone for adrenals and not doing so well there, may be the low stomach issue with that as well, they won't increase me so am increasing on my own, will see how I do.

If you don't have stomach issues you may do fine with them. They cost more $$$ so was glad to go back to armour for that reason.

Deb

Old 01-26-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks....

I am going go stay with my Armour for now..........it works for me for now. I just hate to rock the boat when I am feeling pretty good and my numbers look great.

I am starting tonight on the BioIdentical Hormones.... I will let you know how they work...........I am taking Biest 1mg/ Progesterone 50mg and testosterone 2mg in a capsule 1 at bedtime..........wish me luck........

Oleander53

Old 01-27-2007, 06:55 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Deb123 HB User

Just wanted to throw a word of caution to you, watch out for hypo symptoms with the estrogen. When they first started me they had me on too much estrogen which interferred with my thyroid and hypo symptoms deluxe, had to reduce the estrogen and then it was fine.

Good luck!

Deb

Last edited by Deb123; 01-27-2007 at 06:58 AM.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:19 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks so much, I will watch for that. Oleander

Old 01-27-2007, 08:46 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

I USE A COMPOUNDING THYROID CREAM T4 ONLY ..GOING THE COMPOUND ROUTE HAS ELIMINATED NEARLY ALL UNPLEASANT SIDE EFFECTS I WAS EXPERIENCING WITH SYNTHETIC.. GRANTED IM STILL HAVING TROUBLE UPPING MY DOSE B/C MY BODY IS WEIRD..

Closed Thread