It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 06:10 AM   #1
(female)

TV in RV HB User
I accidently took 2 synthroid

I'm worried because my body doesn't respond well with medicine. Has this ever happened to anyone here?

I called the pharmacist and she didn't seem worried. She told me that some people take 300 mcg. I take 75 mcg so this morning I only did 150 mcgs of damage. Hello People who don't have a thyroid take 300 mcg. I still have a thyroid. I'm going to be running laps and having heart papilations. I hope thats all.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:15 AM   #2
(female)

boata HB User
Re: I accidently took 2 synthroid

I wouldn't waste time worrying about this - one time taking a double dose will not make much of a difference. Relax!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2007, 06:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

accessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB User

You should be just fine. It's pretty hard to od on thyroid hormones in just one dose. A nine year old boy took 99 from a bottle of 100 and just needed a tiny amount of support in the hospital and he was fine afterward.

If anything you might feel a little surge. It'll go away.

You might want to think about getting a calendar or something and putting a tick on it each time you take one so that you always know whether you've taken it or not.

Helen

Old 02-19-2007, 06:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hi dont worry hi pursie here phone your gp and ask just for a little advice im sure i have done it i have defo forgot to take them on a few ocasions lol so yes phone him and see what he says make sure you do as the might sat have alittle less tom or next day??? and i ahve to increase my meds an d i always have weird speeded up crap goin g on so it would be just like having an increase though make sure you ring as soon as poss love from pursiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx

Old 02-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Remember, if you start getting heart palps & are worried, you can call your doc's office or the on-call doc if after hours, and they can Rx a dose or two of beta-blocker.

Since T4 has a longish half-life, if you DO feel side effects today, you may want to reduce tomorrow's dose -- ask your doc.

But quite likely, you'll ride this through just fine.

If your T meds were Cytomel or T3 based, IME you'd be much more likely to get a jolt from a double dose.

Best wishes.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
(female)

TV in RV HB User

Ok guys I'm not going to worry.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #7
(female)

TV in RV HB User

Hah, I'm fine. As soon as I realized what I had done I stuck my finger down my throat, so I guess both pills came up because I was really tired today. My sister (a witness) thinks i'm crazy but if I even increase my dose 15 mcg in one day then I get a bad headache and heart papilations. I hope that I will never have to do that again. Yikes

Old 02-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User

Oooooh, that sounds rough,you poor kid, you probably got real scared...I could see me doing that...I have a method I use. I don't think I ever took two of my Tapazole, I might have forgot one MAYBE. I keep pills in a basket on the counter. Around supper time, when I take mine, I remove the bottle from the basket and just leave it there. I know if it's still there, I didn't take it yet, cause I always put it right back, it becomes a habit. You need some kind of method that works for you.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

TV I'm in GA too.........

You're gonna have to break down and do what I HAD to do because I couldn't remember sometimes if I took my synthroid or not BUY A, S M T W T F S container. lol

I swore I'd never buy one of those things but it's the ONLY way I know for sure what I've done. Ahem.....Brain Fog.......ya know lol

Old 02-19-2007, 07:39 PM   #10
(female)

TV in RV HB User

I never have a problem with my synthroid schedule because it's always the first thing I do when I roll out of bed. Today I meant to go for the vitamin bottle but I guess that I was distracted by other people around me and their conversation. I realized what happened while swallowing. You should have seen my face.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

lol I've done that when taking excedrin for a headache. Take stupid pills and be hurting so bad 5 minutes later take them again and second I swallow realize what I've done.

Hate that feeling when you REALIZE ..........eeeeek!

Well at least all is well for ya now.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User

What makes it worse for us with thyroid disease, we tend to forget things faster than normal people! I get paranoid with my meds, even with the method I use, with the leaving it out of the basket, but with the m,t,w,t,f,s,s pill container, if it ain't there, you took it, right? I guess that's the best way.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:07 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

pill container ???? what pill container Bran'sNana?

Ooooooooooooh THAT pill container ........lol dum de dum de dum

Old 02-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

Archie343 HB User

I am on 212.5mcg of Synthroid but I don't break the 25mcg pills, I just take one every other day with my 200mcg pill. To keep things straight I turn the bottle of 25mcg pills upside down after I take one. The next morning I see the upside down bottle and know I only need the 200mcg pill. After taking that, when I set the bottle back on the shelf I turn the 25mcg pills right side up.

I tend to wake early--5ish--and like to get the Synthroid out of the way early. I then go back to sleep until 6:30 so I can eat or drink anything without worry. The upside down bottle trick has served me well--no mistakes that I am aware of.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:10 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

uh oh Archie...is that why the pill bottles are upside down at the houses I clean?? I usually set them right cause it bothers me, I figured they put it away fast???I'll leave them alone from now on..

Closed Thread