It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
(female)

scbmxmom HB User
Question HELP!! Could I have a thyroid disorder??

Hello! I have been having heart palpitations almost continuous for the past 6 days. I went to my doctor & the nurse could feel them when she was taking my pulse. My doctor said it is either benign arrhythmias or possibly my thyroid. I was given a 24 hour Holter monitor on Friday. I am scheduled to have blood done Monday. I am anxious to find out my test results. These palpitations are driving my CRAZY. I am also having other "symptoms". I am a 34 yo mother of 3 beautiful children. However I am usually to tired to even play with them. I AM overweight and have battled my weight since becoming an adult. I am very irritable most of the time. I just don't feel like myself. I have often to made the excuse that I'm a woman & we are just moody creatures. My hair is thin & my fingernails are brittle and have raised ridges on them. I have stomach problems, ALWAYS!! I but I have had all of these "symptoms" since the birth of my first child & after having my gallbladder removed 11 years ago. I just never put them all together. Over the past year I was diagnosed with migraines, my left eye twitches a lot & my hand have been swelling alot. Could these be symptoms of a thyroid disorder? My doctor has tested my TSH levels over the years stating I have classic sign but the results have been fine.
May 08 - Ruptured C5/C6
Jun 08 - Fibromyalgia
Oct 08 - Artificial Disc C5/C6
July 09 - Ruptured L4/L5
July 09 - Spinal Stenosis

Old 02-25-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

accessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB User
Re: HELP!! Could I have a thyroid disorder??

Yes, they could be symptoms of a thyroid disorder. Thyroid disorders have many, many symptoms. I am so sorry that you are not feeling well and it seems so unfair that you have been feeling so unwell for so long.

Your doctor must test more than just the TSH in order to determine if your symptoms are due to thyroid problems. He should also test your Free T4 and Free T3 along with the TSH in order to see what your actual thyroid status is. It is very important that he test the Free homone levels and not just the total levels because it is the Free levels that are the hormones that are actually active.

Good luck,
Helen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
(female)

cm5476 HB User

Hello, These could be thyroid issues (I've had similar) and you might also check potassium levels. I'm having heart palpitations and my endo is checking this (it's been really low for several months on blood tests now) and my mother had the palpitations as well when her potassium level dropped.
See the endocrinologist. I never had until last week and I've been surprised at how much they check for you.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
(female)

scbmxmom HB User

Thanks for your responses! I still haven't gotten my test results back. But the heart paliplitations are about to drive me CRAZY!!!!! They have pretty much been continous for the past 9 days. They at times my me sick to my stomach. UUGGHHH!!!
May 08 - Ruptured C5/C6
Jun 08 - Fibromyalgia
July 09 - Ruptured L4/L5

Old 03-01-2007, 04:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

mmm i relate to you so much i have 3 children aswell and it feels like this ***** has robbed our family i hate it to i have had to go on and off thyrxine over the last year ans im still not in the right place hope fully one day i will be im just taking the meds slowly and see how it goes it started for me on and off from about 30 but i beleive ive been overactive slightly all my life??? anyway it all started with extreeme anxiety like with you so get the t3 t4 and the tsh done and the tpo antibodies to tell you whether it is caused from hashimotoes or not ok cos this does sound like me in the beggining and the hair thing dosent help atall , as it isnt nice for us girls is it ! sending you hugs form the uk and all the best love from pursie
ps if they wont do them change the docxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 03-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
(female)

scbmxmom HB User

Hi Pursie!
Thanks for the response & support. I'm assuming you have hyperthoridism?? I'm still waiting for all of my test results to come back. Not that I want to have a thyroid disorder but it sure would help solve a lot of problems by getting it treated. I just wish I had the problem of losing weight, ha~ha~ Please share your story with me or do you have a previous post I can read. Again, thank you!!
May 08 - Ruptured C5/C6
Jun 08 - Fibromyalgia
July 09 - Ruptured L4/L5

Old 03-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hi sb well i was diagnosed with hashis but i went hyper on a teeny amount i had to come off it well sort of and now im back on it and i have to have more bloods done im not on a whole tablet yet but i feel hypo right now i might have got out of this for a while who knows ????? maybe i still will i have dry eyes and i do get a bit sonstipated and depressionn i dont know whats going on but i feel wfull my bones click really bad aswell this is a game yu can read myposts if you want thye are funny but mostly just desperate i dont think many people new what to say to me im an odd one and very sensitive to thyroid meds/??????????? hope you are feeling a little better and keep us posted hugs from the uk love from pursiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx

Closed Thread