It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heckofagal HB UserHeckofagal HB UserHeckofagal HB UserHeckofagal HB UserHeckofagal HB User
Soy Isoflavones???

I just purchased a new multi-vitamin as I've heard hypothyroidism can cause or be worsened by vitamin/mineral deficiencies. I made sure to get one that did not have iron in it as I am a carrier of hemochromatosis and don't need any more iron in my diet, so I picked one that is one daily women's 50 + (even though I'm not even 40 yet). Now that I got home I realize this one has 10 mg of soy isoflavones. If I take this with my dinner and continue taking my synthoid first thing in the morning do you think that would be OK? Or do you think I just need to find a new vitamin???

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2007, 05:33 AM   #2
(female)

Jane in England HB User
Re: Soy Isoflavones???

Hi

I would say find another vitamin. My experience is that it is best to steer well clear of Soy/Soya - just avoid taking anything that contains it.

(I once switched to Soya Milk - just thought I would be healthy !! ha! ha! wrong move - my Thyroid (I'm underactive and on Thyroxine) went completely mad and crashed. It was so bad that I felt as bad as I did before I was diagnosed and placed on Thyroxine. I recently by mistake purchased some vitamins and then realised that they contained soya - so took them back and got my money back.

Hope this helps

Jane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2007, 02:45 AM   #3
(female)

Kezzalou HB User
Re: Soy Isoflavones???

Hi

I didn't realise Soya was not adviseable to take! I have a lot of soy products and also switched to soya milk for health benefits!

I've had weird symptoms for ages, if this was effecting me would this be reflected in the TSH levels?

Don't know whether to carry on with it now or not !

Closed Thread