It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 02:14 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User
bloody dry eyes and sooo thirsty!!!!!!!!

hi anyone have dry eyes and really thirsty all through the night!!!!!!
wonder if this is a hypo symptom or what?????
oh and numb hands in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i wonder if theese dry eyes are damaging the eye doc said they were pretty dry and gave me some gel but why dont they ever go>??????????????????????????
love from pursie anybody in the house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User
Re: bloody dry eyes and sooo thirsty!!!!!!!!

hi r yes i do have hashis and i take half a thyroxine daily ive had to go on and of the stuff and im really sensitive to it i wonder is it from the thyroxine???????????????????????????????
its a awfull feeling in the mornings they are really bad and i have to stare at the ceiling to get them to water for a long time thanks for your reply lots love form pursiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
(male)

enigmatics HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pursie View Post
hi anyone have dry eyes and really thirsty all through the night!!!!!!
wonder if this is a hypo symptom or what?????
oh and numb hands in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i wonder if theese dry eyes are damaging the eye doc said they were pretty dry and gave me some gel but why dont they ever go>??????????????????????????
love from pursie anybody in the house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like my mornings. Ugggggghhhh the dry red eyes............ the aching feet and calves..........the unquenchable thirst......... it's so much fun waking up every morning feeling like a wreck.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hi thanks for replys and wher are you on your last labs a bit hyper or a bit hypo????? anyone else had theese lovely symptoms lol love from pursie i wonder if it is a symptom of thyroxine love pursiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 02-27-2007, 11:03 AM   #5
(male)

enigmatics HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pursie View Post
hi thanks for replys and wher are you on your last labs a bit hyper or a bit hypo????? anyone else had theese lovely symptoms lol love from pursie i wonder if it is a symptom of thyroxine love pursiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My labs have ranged with a TSH between 2.3 and 3.28 .......I've tested positive for thyroid antibodies, but they're not quite out of range yet. My T4 has dipped slightly below it's range at 4.4, but my frees aren't suggesting anything yet.

All in all, I'm miserably. These d@mned labs are not helping my situation out at all.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #6
(female)

bookishmomma HB User

I have dry eyes, too. Always red...so attractive. I am hoping it will get better once I am all done adjusting to the meds.

Pursie, have you ever been checked for diabetes? I think the thirst thing is a symptom of that, among others of course!

Old 02-27-2007, 11:55 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

oh please dont go there rotflol you read my b mind didnt you ! why thanks another lovely disease bestowed opon me !!!!!!!
but seriously there is some real problems going on any how how would i feel if i did have that thing i would feel shakey and stuff wouldnt i ????????????please say yes here feel free?????
did you know you jst made me laugh and thats been a while let me tell you cos i was thinking it as i wrote it weird thanks for your kind replys anyone else have an input here pleasexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxlove form pursiexxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 02-28-2007, 02:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

accessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB User

OK. Yes.

h

Old 02-28-2007, 04:41 AM   #9
(female)

mominky HB User

I have not been dx'ed yet but I have horrible dry eyes and mouth!!!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 05:55 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

mominky what are you thinking underactive or over active
this is such a horrible complex thing when will the symptoms ever end love from pursiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 02-28-2007, 06:50 AM   #11
(female)

mominky HB User

Pursie,

Good Morning from Kentucky. I am thinking underactive. I have so many symtoms!!! The worst for me currently is this doggone cough. I also have a throbbing around the thyroid. My sternum hurts. My arms and legs get muscle twitches and my left eye twiches too. I have lost lots of hair.
I am very scared I'll need to buy a wig. I am only 36. I am curretnly waiting on antibody tests and adrenl test results. Seems like the doctors don't really get in a hurry!!! Thanks for asking. Hope you are feeling better today.

Kristie

Old 02-28-2007, 07:33 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

My eye doctor told me dry eyes are common in women in Pre Menopause.... mine are suddenly dry I am almost in Menopause. mornings are the worst. He said it had nothing to do with my thyroid but who knows..........this is just my situation. Could be meds too.

When is the last time you had your blood sugar checked........ that is what can cause extreme thirst. I know some foods and medications can do that also but I would not ignore that symptom......If you are thirsty all the time and you cannot quench that you need to check that out.

I hope you get feeling better.............Oleander

Old 02-28-2007, 07:52 AM   #13
(female)

bookishmomma HB User

I agree with Oleander about the thirst. I know that's the last thing you want to hear. But my friend has diabetes and Hashimoto's, and the doctor told her she had to get her diabetes under control before he could treat the thyroid. I have been following your posts, Pursie, and I know you are having a terrible time finding treatment that works--that's why I was wondering if something else is going on, too. I know adrenal problems and diabetes are two that have to be treated first. Not saying you have those, of course--just that it would be good to get it checked.

The thyroid problems we have have symptoms that are similar to many other things, including diabetes--that's why you might want to have your blood sugar checked like Oleander said. Here are some symptoms of diabetes: unquenchable thirst, frequent urination, fatigue and weakness, numbness or tingling in hands and feet, blurred vision, skin that is dry or itchy. I've noticed that some of your symptoms are like my grandma's when she hasn't had her insulin--she even got "starey".

Anyway, take it for what it's worth. Which might be nothing. Ha ha. Just trying to help...
A

Old 02-28-2007, 09:21 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

thanks so much to helen mominky oleander53 bookishmomma and enigmatics , phew did i get everyone i hope so and sorry if i didnt anyway im on morphine as well just samll matter i dont always like talking about but have been for a while this is a new sy,ptom well its been going on for about 3 4 months i do ahve a finger ***** tst is it a good idea to buy one as i heard diabetes dosent always show on just one finger ***** every now and then when i remember to ask when im having thyroid tests anyway so wouldnt i be loosing weight i do wee alot but not really bad thyropugh the day more through the night my eye doc said the dry eyes go with thyroid disese ????? i dunno but would i really feel awfull if i did have diabetes im not loosing weight mind i do have an underactive thyroid as well my cortisone is low but just in the range and only just the labs did mention this once and asked if i had heavy periods so what other symptoms would i have i dont really get blurred vision that much a little and ,my wee dont smell ny diff ??????????? can people be boderline bad adrenals and boderline diabeteas and th docs not really a do anything about it cos its in the so callred normal range but have a few miserable symptoms i wonder how many of us walk around with boderline illnesses that the docs dont even bother with really ionteresting??????? and also if i just have a boderlinre thyroid prob why has it put me nearly in bed and taken away me for a year lots of love and hugs from the uk and thanks so much for your kind support all of you thanks and mominky im the same age as you and i relate to you its all started at 30 and it is like i dont want to have to worry about this i have 3 small kids to llook after who just want me back i feel so down and i was thinking i did have to come off the thyroid meds but gone back on them i dont feel like im on enough yet as im very very sad nd depressed boo hoo and i feel really sorry for myself and im grumpy i feel about 80 they found a swollen gland and a mass 3mmm on my left ide of the thyroid and thye wont re do it i feel like thye should kep an eye on it but no follow up or anything thanks again all of you hugs from the uk again all my love pursie thanks for letting me share this with youxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x

Old 02-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #15
(female)

bookishmomma HB User

You raise an interesting point about the borderline illness...I have to think that illness is more of a continuum rather than the either/or scenario that doctors seem so committed to. I have read that most mainstream docs won't treat adrenals unless you are practically dead.

Closed Thread