It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
keep falling down is this thyriod or high aniety or what?

hi all,i just found out jan 2007 i have thyriod disorder my tsh was 8.45 my t4 was 4 something i think i'll have to check and get back with you all.well before i found out in sept i been having theses falling down spells what happens is i get very dizzy ,my stomach starts hurting and i forget what im doing then i get scared then down i go i was at the store today with hubby i did fine then i went into a dollar general to just get a couple things and all of a sudden i got that nervous and scared feeling and the dizziness and i tried to stand there and make it go away but down i went my tsh level right now says 2.58 t4 1.4 my dr is out till monday i switched drs cause my old one wouldnt check my thyriods even when i fainted in his front office so far i been doing this since sept my heart is fine had it check had mri and a brain wave all is normal is this high aniety or my thyriods and even though my tsh says im within range i dont feel it im on snythyriod 50mcgs i was on levothyroxine 25mcgs for 8 weeks now the snythyriods 50mcgs for 4 weeks and i felt better on the levothyroxines my dr is suppose to call back monday to see if i should go back on the levothyroxine or maybe i need them upped or lowered i have no idea i know i have to take xanax 3 times a day because i have very high aniety.any advice would help .
thanks
vickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User
Re: keep falling down is this thyriod or high aniety or what?

Hi Vickie - I remember you talking about these falling episodes in another thread a month or so ago.

What does you new doctor have to say about them?

They sure sound like panic attacks which could be caused by your thyroid. Your adrenals can definetly be affected. I just don't understand why they sound so much like severe panic attacks if you are taking xanax. Actually, I thought you had pretty well weaned off the xanax. You really have to be careful with xanax. They can actually start causing the very symptoms you are taking them for i.e. they can begin to trigger panic attacks. They are highly addictive. If you are taking 3 a day I'd think it is safe to say you are probably addicted to them by now. I've taken them but not nearly that many a day and they made me somewhat wobbly.

Let us know what you new doctor has to say please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

my first thought would be an inner ear problem or vertigo
vertigo can make you dizzy and nausious

Old 04-06-2007, 10:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi barbara ann and others,no im not addicted when i was on the levothyroxine i wasnt taking as many id take one at 6am then wouldnt need another one till bedtime and yes i have severe aniety but according to the new dr he says i still have low tsh levels even though it says im within range i dont think he knows about the fainting i have to call monday hes been on vacation and he wants me to stay on the xanax untill he gets my thyriods leveled out im back to feeling tired again no energy sleeping in eve again and i have a appointment with a ent dr april 26th ,but mri didnt find it cant mri miss finding that? also had the brain wave and wore a heart holter for 24 hrs ,but yes iam getting odd the xanax once my levels are normal for me my tsh says 2.58 but my dr says that does mean its within range for me depends on the person i ask if i could back on the levothyroxine cause on them i felt so much better and i wasnt taking as many xanax as ofter either now i did have the fainting and the fainting is getting somewhat better i dont have it as much as i did but i still have them.after i talk to dr monday i'll let you know what he says he also said when the time is right he will ween me off the xanax but he said doing so right now would be bad since i have so high aniety it runs in my family my dad had it bad and also took xanax .if i dont have them i end up at er.plus i start crying and cant stop and sometimes go to my psychiatrist cause i cant deal with them but once my thyriods are right i wont need them i diont think.
VICKIE45

Old 04-07-2007, 08:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

Have you had an ultrasound? I just remembered a lady that I work with kept passing out at least once or twice a month. She went through months and months of tests and exams - at one point they even decided it was her heart and installed a pace maker. She had wore the heart monitor etc. and it didn't really reveal anything.

She eventually wound up at and endo and that endo could not believe that none of the people examining her had referred her to him sooner. Turns out NO ONE had considered her thyroid in any of it and that she had 6 large nodules. When they installed the pace maker they were treating the symptom and not the cause.

I just remembered that and wondered about you and if you've had an ultrasound or scan. I don't know enough about this stuff to know if an MRI would show nodules. Hopefully, your current doc has checked and ruled them out.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User

Barbara-

You may not know the answer to this, but I was curious if the lady you worked with passed out because of the SIZE of the 6 nodules putting pressure on neck vessels, or was it because the nodules were making her labs be hyper or hypo. I feel lightheaded alot, but my labs don't do anything consistently. But, I feel alot of days that my goiter is choking me, even though they say it is not THAT big.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

i did have a ultra sound of my heart a yr ago feb 2006 my heart is fine and the mri i had done was just my brain and i had a brain wave ,plus wore the heart holter for 24 hrs the nerology dr i saw said everything was normal,now back when i was a child i did this very same thing i was like 3 yrs old till maybe about 6 then it stopped but now i feel fine and it comes on suddenly they say its prob high aneity because i been suffering with panic attacks since feb 2006 but now my ears are clogged and i been told that could be my trouble but iam calling and telling my new internal medicine dr about the fainting and see what he says cause fainting would come from the brain wouldnt it? see i didnt start fainting like this untill sept 2006 and in jan 2007 is when i found out my tsh was 8.45 ,then i switched drs because i begged that dr i was seeing for a whole yr to please check my thyriods but he wouldnt so then in dec 2006 i finally went in crying and i told him please check my thyriods he still wouldnt so i said id rather die then live like this so he sent me to a psychiatrist and thats who found my thyriods so i was due for my yrly exam so i went to my gyn it was 2 weeks since i had my tsh checked so my gyn checked it again it was 6.28 then he rechecked at 8 weeks it was the same 6.28 so then he switched brands on me and put me on snythyriold 50 mcgs i was on levothyroxine 25mcgs and when i was taking 2 of the 25 mcgs of levothyroxines i felt better in that first week but ever since being on snythyriold i havent felt good at all its been 4 weeks since i been on them .now the fainting i really hope i find out what is causing this cause i cant go through life falling down everywhere i go and as of right now my hubby wont let me drive because of it but im too scared too anyway .so does anyone know anything about the fainting i try to stop myself but i fall anyway and i felt it when i went in that store but i was just at the other store and i felt fine but boom when i went into the dollar store it hit me but thats what it does i had a really bad attack in may 2006 in walmart and i thought i was going to die.i dont know what kind of dr i need to see any advice here would be helpfull.
god bless vickie
oh and i was trying my best to get out of there but never made it i fell before i had the chance and im getting so tired of living with this falling down spells.

Last edited by vickie45; 04-07-2007 at 04:10 PM.

Closed Thread