It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
(female)

crysta77 HB User
TSH to low???

I was on 200 of synthroid. Dr checked thyroid about 6 weeks ago and TSH was at 5.8. He increased me to 225 of synthroid. He checked it again last week and it is now 0.18. He said my T3 & T4 was normal but that 0.18 is way too low. Thing is, I feel better now then I have in quite awhile. He is wanting to lower meds. What do you guys think? Is 0.18 to low? Thanks!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User
Re: TSH to low???

Some doctors like their patients to be as close to 0 as possible when on a thyroid med. If you feel better, don't worry about it. If you feel worse when he lowers your dose, tell him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

No, .18 is not too low, because it doesn't amount to a hill of beans as long as your free T4/T3 are not too high. My own TSH has been .02 for over three years because my MD watches the FT4/3 and knows those are what count... not TSH.

If you aren't having signs and symptoms of overmedication and your hypothyroid symptoms are gone, your dose should not be lowered. By all means, if you agree to have it lowered, report back LOUDLY to him if you begin feeling hypothyroid again.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

i too have a free T4 in the normal range and my TSH came back 0.18 and my doc lowered my meds. i am not doing well on this dose. i have been achy and cry easily. feel depressed and unable to handle things. it has been 6 weeks since i lowered the meds. he has me take 150mcg (my regular dose) 6 days a week and 75mgs on sunday. this has happened before and he usually goes back to the regular dose after the next set of tests. i think i am going to go back to what i was on. i felt better on it. God bless

Old 04-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marian100 View Post
i too have a free T4 in the normal range and my TSH came back 0.18 and my doc lowered my meds. i am not doing well on this dose. i have been achy and cry easily. feel depressed and unable to handle things. it has been 6 weeks since i lowered the meds. he has me take 150mcg (my regular dose) 6 days a week and 75mgs on sunday. this has happened before and he usually goes back to the regular dose after the next set of tests. i think i am going to go back to what i was on. i felt better on it. God bless
wow marian i feel just like you my tsh is 2.58 last time i was checked but i started out on levothyroxine then gyn switched me to synthyrold i felt terrible the whole time on them so i switched back to levothyroxine myself im taking 50mcgs but i think i need a increase im constandly crying for no reason im depressed and my hormones are normal so im sure this is thyriolds and i dont fall asleep 24/7 anymore but im just so depressed and cry allmost allday long .im going to a new dr today and im letting him know and noway will i ever go back on synthyrolds some can take them but i couldnt .
vickie45
ps i just found out i had thyriold disorder in jan my t4 was 1.4 he didnt do the t3 thats why i changed dr's .....
plus the dr said he only checks thyrtiolds 2 times a yr and thats it.

Last edited by vickie45; 04-18-2007 at 10:40 AM.

Closed Thread