It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Question do my symtons sound like im under medicated?

hi everyone ,well heres my symtons first off my last tsh was 1.5 and t4 was 1.1 im constandly tired i sleep and sleep and sleep no matter how much sleep i get im still tired and fall asleep i can sleep allday and also i get some crying spells and depression and some crabbiness im on 75mcgs of levothyroxine i had my last labs done may 11th so im not due till around june 21st i have no energy ever so often i get some energy to where i can clean my house but not very often ,i think im due for a increase but dr seems to think im within normal range but back in march my tsh was 2.58 and t4 was 0.9 then boom when i went back in 6 weeks my tsh was 7.11 then on may 11th it was 1.5 t4 was 1.1 but i feel im under medicated i have some 25mcgs at home im thinking of adding just 1 extra pill to see if my tiredness goes away cause i layed down today at 10am and slept till 3 pm and its now 6pm and im falling asleep again ,i know i should go by what the dr says but im just sooooooooooo tired my sister whos had thyriold illness for 13 yrs does this all the time any advice would be helpfull .....its so frustrating when your so tired and cant do anything alls i do is sleep plus my appetite has gone away i hardly eat like i use too which that could be good since i do need to lose some weight i do eat but not like normal like i can eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then im hardly hungry the rest of the day even at supper i eat very small portions ..............vickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
(female)

Clarissa234 HB User
Re: do my symtons sound like im under medicated?

Sounds like an early visit to the doctor would be more appropriate than trying to self medicate. Maybe seeing a nutritionist or holistic doctor for an alternative treatment? Your current plan doesn't seem to be working, but there's no way for an outsider on this board to tell you exactly why.

Too little exercise, sleep apnea, insufficient nutrition, irregular eating habits, not enough water daily, improper intake of medication, irregular intake of medication, insomnia, excess weight, excess caffeine consumption, too many carbs, etc....there are a vast number of things that could be contributing to your tiredness.

You can do more harm by over medicating. Heart damage. Serious stuff. A visit to the doctor sounds like a good start.

Closed Thread