It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
(female)

ariesgirly HB User
Thyroid nodule fever chills aches & pains in legs

I went to my normal family doctor bc I felt like I had a bad infection of some sort. I have a fever 101, a very sore neck-hurts to swallow & aches down my legs. He sends me away with Leviquin & says I still need to see the Thyroid doctor again. OK, the antibiotics never worked 1 bit & I made my appt. I still have 101 fever for 6 days now..it does go down with Motrin.. So, my Endo does an ultrasound & finds nodules. I have been complaining for months that my thyroid is not right & all my bloodwork came back normal. They never put me on an ounce of medication. OK, so what I would like to know is was I right before thinking something is wrong bc I was tired all the time, cold, cloudy, hair loss, weight gain..or is this nodule just something that "happened"?? S now I am scared bc she sent me to go get a scan done at the hospital. Has anyone had my symptoms??

Old 07-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
Re: Thyroid nodule fever chills aches & pains in legs

Hi,

I have had my nodules a while.........I have known about mine 1 year.......
But 3 weeks ago I had similar symptoms........ tender neck, fatigue, mild fever........ just tired and sick feeling.......... the Doctor thought I might have thyroiditis..... he put me on antibiotics and I was fine in 1 week.......... I see my Endo this week so we can talk about it.............

I hope you get feeling better.............

Oleander

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GCC HB User

Have they done thyroid blood work?

Get copies of all your lab reports. Post the results here if you like & we will help you.

I hope you feel better soon.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:57 AM   #4
(female)

ariesgirly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCC View Post
Have they done thyroid blood work?

Get copies of all your lab reports. Post the results here if you like & we will help you.

I hope you feel better soon.
They just took blood yesterday & I need to schedule the scan tomorrow. I will post everything as soon as I can. I was amazed that she was in no rush to do anything about the nodules, but now since I heard that someone who posted above had hers for a year..maybe I shouldn't be surprised! Can they just go away on their own? Don't these affect the way the thyroid works?

Old 07-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
(female)

stephanie867 HB User

You probably just have a rotten virus...

The doc actually found my nodule around Feb 2006...my thyroid seems to be working just fine, and all my bloodwork is normal. I feel fine, so we're just watching my nodule at this point. I've had all the tests done and it came back benign; it's just fairly large.

I go every 6 mos or so for an ultrasound. I just had one a couple of weeks ago and go see my doc for the results next week.

I had something a couple of weeks ago that knocked me flat on my butt for a week. Same as you describe. Fever, chills, and I had the most awful achiness in my back. Very bad sore throat too, and I was sure it was strep, but came back negative.

I don't generally take meds unless I absolutely have to. But for your sore throat, Traditional Medicinals makes a tea called Throat Coat. It's great for sore throats, I even give the kids version to my kids.

Try some chicken soup and extra vitamin C and see if that doesn't help knock the sickness out of you.

Hope you feel better!

Old 07-24-2007, 03:22 PM   #6
(female)

ariesgirly HB User

Nope..wasn't a virus! The doctor prescibed Prednisone & I felt 95% better within 24 hours. Those nodules on my thyroid were really inflamed! I did the scan yesterday where you swallow a pill & they give you a scan 6 hours later. I see my doctor tomorrow & I will update everyone on what is going on. I have lost 8 pounds so far.....I really need to know what is going on! Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:28 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

Gee I wish I lost 8 pounds while having my thyroid episode!!!
I just had an inflamed thyroid !!!! LOL Mine resolved within 2 weeks...............

Glad you are better...................Oleander !!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #8
(female)

ariesgirly HB User

I was diagnosed with Subacute Thyroiditis. Today was my last day of Prednisone & I am nervous to see how I feel without it.My 8 pounds was from my TCBY diet I think! That's all I could manage to eat for a few days!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:18 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hey every one i have an inflammed thyroid right now have your eyes got ared look about em aswell?? im innthe uk and i have a single nodule 3mm thye wont look at it again as i i to small im always sick and at the drs i think i might pay for a scan private just keep an eye on it hey i have some steroids in the cupboard are you saying they worked on you and got rid of the horrid inflammed feeling?? they would never beleive me that its inflammed or give me anything i could cry sometime s im glad they are watching yours in the us love katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-26-2007, 03:15 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

accessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB User

Lady katherine, I would nix the idea of the steroids in the cupboard. Not a good idea for anyone to take steroids for something without a doctor's supervision. They can have some wicked side effects if you aren't careful. Ibupuprofen or aspirin would be safe to take without the doctor's say so. Those are the other two treatments for subacute thyroiditis.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:51 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hello lady helen i know its really frustrating when they look at me like im mad ?? i wouldnt its just horribel sometims im going to take some ibruprofen right now mummy helen i think it must be the new iron med s that have screwed with mine sometime i wish it would just setle for me kwim love lady katherinexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: angel:

Closed Thread