It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
hi everyone just wanted to pop in and say how i feel.

hi everyone hope all is well im doing good so far my trouble is im confused if i take even 1 pill of levothyroxine ,synthyriold or levoxyl even a low dose i passout i dont feel horrible right at the moment but my tsh levels are going down without meds and i dont know what this means even the dr isnt sure .i went 5 weeks without meds and never passedout once well on sat i thought well im going to give them another try so i took 1 -25mcg went to my brothers for a cookout and i was feeling funny allday then later in the day i started feeling strange like i was confused and felt weird ok i went to put my food down cause i felt funny then boom down i went .so why i cant take the meds i do not know im suppose to see endo in oct but i dont really like her i like my internal dr alot better so tomorrow im calling him maybe he can run another tsh to see where its at now last time it was a 5 ranges are 0.49-5.50 ok im having no depression i never fall asleep through the day anymore i have tons of energy and i sleep good i get 7-8 hrs a night well last time when i stopped my meds my levels went way up again not sure if this is hyper or what i dont feel hyper but im not sure what hyper is i did read about hyper symtons and i dont have any of them .so thats why im a bit confused because i thought if you dont take the meds you feel horrible and last time when i didnt take them i did feel horrible but this time i dont and for the past 8 mos since starting on meds i lived in a wheelchair and never left my house unless it was to the drs because id passout and that stressed me out then when endo put me on levoxyl 50mcgs i started having seizures i ended up at ER because i tried to take a short walk and blackedout on the sidewalk and i didnt even know what happened the ER said they thought i overdosed well if i did it was the endo who done it because she told me to keep taking them even though i told her what it done to me she didnt beliebe me so after that i stopped them myself i couldnt handle all the horrible stuff i went through and since stopping each day gets better ,i went to internal and he ran a bunch of tests on me and all came out good said i was in good health ,so i dont know whats really going on maybe it was temporary or can your thyriold go into remission im not sure my sister has had underactive for 12 yrs and she has never passedout ever i have 2 brothers whos thyriolds arent producing any hormones all of us were hypo noone else has it but why would i feel better off the meds then on ????? any advice would be helpfull.
thanks,,((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
vickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2007, 06:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: hi everyone just wanted to pop in and say how i feel.

I wish I could help, but other than some strange drug interaction I am drawing a blank. How is your BP? Are you monitoring it daily? My husband was on some cholesteral meds that caused him to bottom out on his BP and he would pass out. We had to stop with the medication and just try rigid diet control to keep in as low as he can. Now we are battling his BP and he has started having kidney issues to go with his newly diagnosed fatty liver disease. We are having to determine if the quarter dose of the BP meds is damaging his kidneys.. or if it is due to the fact he was combined ibuprofen foir his head aches with the BP.

There are so many factors to look at that one must take careful notes and proceed carefully. If you are taking a lot of medications you may need to check there side effects. Then take your self off everything non-essential before going on the thyroid meds and adding the other drugs back in with 48-72 hour delays until you see which one makes you pass out.

Sincerely,
MG

Old 09-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Lightbulb Re: hi everyone just wanted to pop in and say how i feel.

no its not my b/p its fine and when i started having the passingout way back in jan when i first found out i had thyriold i was passingout and that was the only drug i was on my b/p is great my cholesterol is fine heart is fine kidneys and liver all fine ,its just this meds that make me faint ok because i stopped for 5 whole weeks without them never had any fainting at all i took just 1 pill and i fainted and it made me feel weird and strange too i was confused and dizzy and i got where i couldnt get my words out and didnt know what i was doing and then i fell and when my family was around me talking i could hear them but couldnt answer for like 5 mins maybe less and then the next day i havent took around since and i have not fell since ,but i feel like im in between hyper and hypo im really really tired but i cant fall asleep i woke up 2 hrs before time to get up at night i dont fall right to sleep like i use too i dont have much of a appetite im loosing some weight ,i was having headaches now i dont as much .tell me can a person die from not taking the meds?? my pulse is good i guess it runs 60-80 what is too low? it use to run 120-125 and b/p use to be really high was 160-170 /110-120 but im on norvac 5 mg and my b/p is good now i may not have to be on them long im just confused and endo says i can come tomorrow but hubby works and she wants me in there 9am well i cant drive just yet so she said otherwise id have to wait till oct .i feel like i do need meds i do sort of feel hyper but im not really sure what hyper is my heart dont race its slow but i have both hypo and hyper symtons .
thanks .....

vickie

Old 09-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: hi everyone just wanted to pop in and say how i feel.

Well as a chemist I am digging in my pharm guid on your meds.

Your high blood pressure should have flagged you as at risk and in need of close monitoring on levothyroxin/levoxyl/synthroid.

There are many other medicines that can affect levothyroxine. These includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. The biggest flag in the data base is BP medications. BP medication is known to interact adversely with the thyroxine.

In particular lithium, amiodarone, iodine treatments, or antidepressants can also cause interactions.

If you use any of the following drugs, use them at least 4 hours before or 4 hours after you take levothyroxine:
* calcium carbonate (Caltrate, Citracal, Oystercal, and others);
* ferrous sulfate iron supplement;
* sucralfate (Carafate);
* sodium polystyrene sulfonate (Kayexalate, Kionex, and others);
* antacids that contain aluminum (Amphojel, Gaviscon, Maalox, Mylanta, Riopan, Rulox, Tums, and others);
*cholesterol-lowering drugs cholestyramine (Questran) and colestipol (Colestid).

Now for the facts on Norvac.. not gettig it you mean Norvasc by chance? I will run with that since the other is said not to exist and Norvasc is a BP medication:
More common side effectsfor this medication is dizziness, fatigue, flushing, fluid retention and swelling, headache, palpitations (fluttery or throbbing heartbeat).

This medication works as calcium channel blocking agents. These agents affect the movement of calcium into the cells of the heart and blood vessels. As a result, they relax blood vessels and increase the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart while reducing its workload.

Rare side effects of this drug are: Bleeding, tender, or swollen gums; chest pain (may appear about 30 minutes after medicine is taken); fainting; painful, swollen joints (for nifedipine only); trouble in seeing (for nifedipine only)

I am thinking that your thyroxine my rev the side effects of your Norvasc.. is there a different heart med you can take?

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread