It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 04:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Wink hi everyone so far so good 2nd time around on levothyroxine 25mcgs and feeling good .

hi everyone just wanted to pop in and say hi to all and to say i stopped my thyrold meds for like 6 weeks i was overmedicated plus was on levoxyl which i couldnt handle that one but today is day 4 on levothyroxine 25mcgs and so far i feel better then the first time when i started them back in jan 07 i sleep allnight now dont wake up too early im cleaning have energy ,no depression and so far no fainting that im so happy for i know its only been 4 days but i feel good just being on 25mcgs and the new dr im now seeing is great i like him hes knows his stuff and hes not a endo hes a internal medicine dr and i allready like him to me hes a good dr like most drs offices have the nurse or receptionist call you well my dr himself called me and that made me feel he is a great dr but i think he is so if the levothyroxine's are helping this time around i dont need to see a endo do i.im having no side effects this time either but i didnt before what happened was in jan07 they raised my dose way too fast and maybe i just need the 25mcgs my brother is hypo hes on 25mcgs been on that dose for 6 mos my other brother is also hypo hes on 50mcgs of synthyrold now my sister is on levothyroxine 75mcgs but says the 100mcgs helps her better she goes up and down with her but shes been hypo 12 yrs me and both brothers just recently found out we are hypo i found out in jan 07 my brother got his before me and the other brother just found out and i have a sister whos seeing the same dr who refused to test my thyrolds for allmost a yr well she has a very horse throat and has all the symtons of being hypo but the same dr i saw wont test her thyrolds i told her but she wont listen she has all the symtons and hes treating her for a bad cold well shes had it for over a month and he keeps giving her stuff for colds and hasnt even checked her thyrolds shes 44 and since it does run in my family my dads side i went to my brothers over labor day weekend and my dad who is no longer with us anymore his niece was there and shes also hypo so we have a family history of thyrold illness,yes i was in denial with the illness at first but i have came to except it now plus with god's help im finally going to get better i allready ask my internal med dr to take me very slow cause when they up me to fast i get over medicated but who knows i may only need the 25mcgs i wont know that yet but nothing above 50mcgs ,my endo even told me this ,as long as i can live a normal life i can deal with it ,i hardly have the headaches anymore iam getting period cramps here and there but thats normal i think .i can honestly say im feeling pretty good on the 25mcgs not 100% the best but at least im cleaning ,taking a bath and not falling asleep through the day anymore and the headaches arent as bad and i have no depression so i think thats pretty good i guess i had to get the stuff out of my body and start over so i have alot of faith in god to help me through all this and he will like it says god wont let you suffer more then you can handle and i believe that when i was overmedicated i cried nonstop got crabby ,wanted too die so many times i felt horrible but i dont feel like that now i feel like saying i want to live and get my life back and i truely believe i will .so just wanted to post and tell everyone im feeling good for now anyway and im hoping and praying it contiunes if i dont faint or have the blackouts or seizures i will do just fine .as long as the dr takes me slow .to me going slow would prob help better .
((hugs to all))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread