It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
(female)

jenny57 HB User
Thyroid Test and Tests

50 year old female, yearly exam in may showed hypo thyroid, started medication, 1 month later I complained about when I swollel there is a lump, sent in for 3 blood test, T3 and T4 normal the other one is not right, neck getting larger, physican feels a growth, altrasound. That showed 1 nodule and cycts. Off medication for 6 weeks, just had Uptake test, waiting for results. Will know next tuesday.

I feel horrible, neck hurts, can not taste, every thing aches, grumpy, tired, hair falling out, trouble swollowing, and also just tested positive for sleep apnea, get machine on saturday. Heart history, and diabetic runs in family i was when pregant.

This is not any fun, and oh yea hot flashes, than cold. I have it all. Any questions I should be asking the doctor next week, I have been searching the web for all information.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Thyroid Test and Tests

Get tested for Hashimoto's, if they are not going to do a biopsy. If they say biopsy for you.. then it will show Hashi's.

Good luck. Get a copy of your results and post them when you get them. I am wishing you the best.

Sincerely,
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 06:41 AM   #3
(female)

jenny57 HB User

June 2007
T3 Uptake 28
Free T4 0.95
TSH 6.45

Started Synthroid
July 2007
T3 Uptake 27
Free T4 1.02
Tsh 3.55

August 2007
T3 uptake 32
Free t4 3.16
Tsh 3.16

Thyrotropin Receptor AB 5
Anit-Thyroglobulin Antibody 203

July 2007 - Ultra sound
There is thyromegaly, The right lobe measures 4.5 x 1.7 x 1.5 cm. The left lobe measures 5 x2.4 x 1.7 cm. There is a monhogeneous well marginated nodule grossly associated with the inferior pole of the right lobe. It appears to be exopytic with respect to the inferior margin of the right lobe in some images. This measures 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.3 dm. Itmay represent a thyroid ademoa which may be located within the inferior pole or expohytic with the inferior marging of the right lobe. The remote possiblity of parathyroid nodule cannot be ruled out.

On the left a well marginatd cyst is seen in the inferior pole. This measures 2.3 x 1.9 x 1.5 cm. This shows sonographic featurers of a spimle cyst and is likely benign. A solid well marginated nodule is seen in the medial aspect of the mid pole. This measures 0.6 x 0.5 x0.5 cm. This may represent an adenoma.

The rest of the thyroid parenchyma in the left lobe and in the right lobe is midly nonhomegeous. This may represent thyroiditis/other diffuse thyroid process.

IMPRESSION:Thyromegaly, 2.3 cm cyst in inferior pole or left lobe is likely benign, nodlue in left mid lobe may represent adenoma, nonhomogeneous nodule 1.5 cm grossly associated with inferior pole of right lobe may represent thyroid adenoma. Although remote possiblity of parathyroid nodule cannot be ruled out and further clinic correlation is recommended, non homogeneous echotexture see throughou the tyroid gland may be secondary to thyroiditis/other difuse thyroid process.

oct 2007
Uptake/multi scan
Following the oral administration of 277 microcuries of I-123, routine 4 and 24 hour thyroid uptake determaniations were made. These values wre 9.6 percent and 25.3 percent respectively, both well within the normal range. The patient was also imaged with the gamma camera. I have no prior nuclear medicine thyroid scan with which to compare, but camparison is made with a prior thyroid ultra sound dated 7-27-07 which reported a 2.3 cm relatively large cyst in the lower pole of the left lobe a small, only 6 mm in size nodule in the region of the lower pole of the right lobe. On the scan today, no hot nodule was identified to correspond to any of these foci. There is some relative void of activity in the lower pole of the left lobe compared to the right probably corresponding to the large cystic nodule on the ultrasound in the lower lobe pole of the left lobe. The small nodule in the mid portion fo the left lobe is difficult to identify as a discrete foucus of abnormaility on the scan. There is some relative absence of activity in the lower pole of the right lobe probably corresponding to the region of the inhomogeneous nodule on the ultrasound as well. There are a couple additional tiny foci of decreased activity in the mid to upper aspect of the right lobe and upper pole of the left lobe. There wer not identified as a discrete abnormaility sonographically echogenicity songraphically. These areas are nonspecific on the scan and biobsy particularly of the complex nodule in the lower aspect of the right lobe might be useful for further evaluation.

Impression:
uptakes are within the normal range of both 4 and 24 hours,
no hot nodules identified on the scan, the lare cystic nodule in the lower pole of the left lobe appears to correpond to a large cold area on the scan and the complex nodule lower pole right lobe also likely coresponds to a relatively cold area. A few other tiny cold foci in the thyroid lobes bilaterally do not clearly correspond to discrete focal sonographic abnormailities as described above.

Oct 10, 2007
I went to the doctor with a list of test I wanted run, from reading all the information from this site, he agreed 6 bottles of blood, for all kinds of test, he is not going to do any needle things, I just want this thing out, my grandmother had cancer thyroid, so he is calling a surgeon. So...what does evey one think?

Old 10-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #4
(female)

jenny57 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny57 View Post
50 year old female, yearly exam in may showed hypo thyroid, started medication, 1 month later I complained about when I swollel there is a lump, sent in for 3 blood test, T3 and T4 normal the other one is not right, neck getting larger, physican feels a growth, altrasound. That showed 1 nodule and cycts. Off medication for 6 weeks, just had Uptake test, waiting for results. Will know next tuesday.

I feel horrible, neck hurts, can not taste, every thing aches, grumpy, tired, hair falling out, trouble swollowing, and also just tested positive for sleep apnea, get machine on saturday. Heart history, and diabetic runs in family i was when pregant.

This is not any fun, and oh yea hot flashes, than cold. I have it all. Any questions I should be asking the doctor next week, I have been searching the web for all information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 2007
T3 Uptake 28
Free T4 0.95
TSH 6.45

Started Synthroid
July 2007
T3 Uptake 27
Free T4 1.02
Tsh 3.55

August 2007
T3 uptake 32
Free t4 3.16
Tsh 3.16

Thyrotropin Receptor AB 5
Anit-Thyroglobulin Antibody 203

July 2007 - Ultra sound
There is thyromegaly, The right lobe measures 4.5 x 1.7 x 1.5 cm. The left lobe measures 5 x2.4 x 1.7 cm. There is a monhogeneous well marginated nodule grossly associated with the inferior pole of the right lobe. It appears to be exopytic with respect to the inferior margin of the right lobe in some images. This measures 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.3 dm. Itmay represent a thyroid ademoa which may be located within the inferior pole or expohytic with the inferior marging of the right lobe. The remote possiblity of parathyroid nodule cannot be ruled out.

On the left a well marginatd cyst is seen in the inferior pole. This measures 2.3 x 1.9 x 1.5 cm. This shows sonographic featurers of a spimle cyst and is likely benign. A solid well marginated nodule is seen in the medial aspect of the mid pole. This measures 0.6 x 0.5 x0.5 cm. This may represent an adenoma.

The rest of the thyroid parenchyma in the left lobe and in the right lobe is midly nonhomegeous. This may represent thyroiditis/other diffuse thyroid process.

IMPRESSION:Thyromegaly, 2.3 cm cyst in inferior pole or left lobe is likely benign, nodlue in left mid lobe may represent adenoma, nonhomogeneous nodule 1.5 cm grossly associated with inferior pole of right lobe may represent thyroid adenoma. Although remote possiblity of parathyroid nodule cannot be ruled out and further clinic correlation is recommended, non homogeneous echotexture see throughou the tyroid gland may be secondary to thyroiditis/other difuse thyroid process.

oct 2007
Uptake/multi scan
Following the oral administration of 277 microcuries of I-123, routine 4 and 24 hour thyroid uptake determaniations were made. These values wre 9.6 percent and 25.3 percent respectively, both well within the normal range. The patient was also imaged with the gamma camera. I have no prior nuclear medicine thyroid scan with which to compare, but camparison is made with a prior thyroid ultra sound dated 7-27-07 which reported a 2.3 cm relatively large cyst in the lower pole of the left lobe a small, only 6 mm in size nodule in the region of the lower pole of the right lobe. On the scan today, no hot nodule was identified to correspond to any of these foci. There is some relative void of activity in the lower pole of the left lobe compared to the right probably corresponding to the large cystic nodule on the ultrasound in the lower lobe pole of the left lobe. The small nodule in the mid portion fo the left lobe is difficult to identify as a discrete foucus of abnormaility on the scan. There is some relative absence of activity in the lower pole of the right lobe probably corresponding to the region of the inhomogeneous nodule on the ultrasound as well. There are a couple additional tiny foci of decreased activity in the mid to upper aspect of the right lobe and upper pole of the left lobe. There wer not identified as a discrete abnormaility sonographically echogenicity songraphically. These areas are nonspecific on the scan and biobsy particularly of the complex nodule in the lower aspect of the right lobe might be useful for further evaluation.

Impression:
uptakes are within the normal range of both 4 and 24 hours,
no hot nodules identified on the scan, the lare cystic nodule in the lower pole of the left lobe appears to correpond to a large cold area on the scan and the complex nodule lower pole right lobe also likely coresponds to a relatively cold area. A few other tiny cold foci in the thyroid lobes bilaterally do not clearly correspond to discrete focal sonographic abnormailities as described above.

Oct 10, 2007
I went to the doctor with a list of test I wanted run, from reading all the information from this site, he agreed 6 bottles of blood, for all kinds of test, he is not going to do any needle things, I just want this thing out, my grandmother had cancer thyroid, so he is calling a surgeon. So...what does evey one think?

The following user gives a hug of support to jenny57:
Moob (04-23-2011)
Closed Thread