It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Got my Results back...any thoughts?? Dr says I am fine. Don't feel fine.

About 3 weeks ago I had a TSH done and the results were 0.37. So I had it retaken along with some other tests. I will list them below. The "normal" ranges are in ( ).

I would LOVE and appreciate any insight. My Dr's office says I am normal and that my long list of symptoms (which I have posted in the past here) must be psychological. I think this is BS. I would have no trouble admitting a psych problem - I have in the past with my anxiety. Anyway...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Following tests were taken Monday October 1, 2007 10:00am (Fasting 12+ Hours):

Insulin Resistance – 8 (should be less than 17)

Free T3 118 (60 - 181)

Free T4 1.3 (0.9 - 1.8)

TSH 0.74 (0.35 – 5.50)

Fasting Glucose 78 (65 – 99)

Cortisol 7.7 (AM 4.3 – 22.4)
(PM 3.1 – 16.7)

Thank you!!

Heather, 33

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
(male)

wdiguy HB User
Re: Got my Results back...any thoughts?? Dr says I am fine. Don't feel fine.

What are your symptoms? Your tsh looks fine but you could use a little more t3 and t4. It all depends how you feel, this could be normal for someone with no symptoms. Everyones body is different and requires more or less in my book.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdiguy View Post
What are your symptoms? Your tsh looks fine but you could use a little more t3 and t4. It all depends how you feel, this could be normal for someone with no symptoms. Everyones body is different and requires more or less in my book.
I will paste my list below. You dont think the TSH seems low? Just weeks ago it was 0.37 which REALLY startled me.

List of long term symptoms:

Hx of Anxiety, SVT, Depression, Irritability, PVCs and PACs and Fatigue
(Anxiety, Tachycardia and Palpitations controlled with Klonopin and Metoprolol)

Allergies – seasonal

Highly sensitive in general – to EVERYTHING (mosquito bite gets huge and red – everything seems exaggerated)

Symptoms since having child (3 years ago):

Heavy periods with clotting
Irregularity in periods
Breast tenderness
Major bloating in abdomen and chest prior to period
Lightheadedness
Low BP
Mood Swings
Brain Fog
Very low energy levels
Increasingly severe fatigue
Insomnia (recent)
Hot Flashes (recent)
Increased Irritability
Increase in headaches – sinus type
Body aches
Exercise Intolerance
Extreme difficulty losing extra 20lbs – all around waist and breast area

Old 10-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
(male)

wdiguy HB User

With it being .37 thats pushing more towards the hyperthyroid state but your free t3 and free t4 would have to be high also. Your symptoms seem more on the hypothyroid side. Are you seeing a Endocrinologist?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdiguy View Post
With it being .37 thats pushing more towards the hyperthyroid state but your free t3 and free t4 would have to be high also. Your symptoms seem more on the hypothyroid side. Are you seeing a Endocrinologist?
I was told that with a low TSH and a higher end T4 I would be considered hyperthyroid. Hmmm.

No, I cannot get a referrel since my Drs think I am fine.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

birchtree HB Userbirchtree HB User

I'm sure the experts will join soon....your list points to thyroid issues but also, may be, low progesterone/estrogen dominance. Have you had these levels tested? Just thought I'd throw that in.

good luck
B

Old 10-04-2007, 02:02 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchtree View Post
I'm sure the experts will join soon....your list points to thyroid issues but also, may be, low progesterone/estrogen dominance. Have you had these levels tested? Just thought I'd throw that in.

good luck
B
See, that was my initial thought. I did have those taken as well. The progesterone though a little low - both were ultimately "normal".

I swear. I am at a loss. I feel awful ALL of the time. Physically. I am only 33 and I can barely stay awake. I have a 3 year old I do not feel like playing with because I am so tired and achey. It is so frustrating!!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #8
(female)

grace1908 HB User

Just wanted to add that all of those symptoms are not psychologically manifested. You have some physical reason for them so trust your intuition on that and keep bugging the docs until they will listen. You said low BP what is it usually? A lot of those symptoms sound like hypothyroidism. However you also said it started after the birth of your child. I personally had thyroiditis after birth. I went hyper for a little while and then ended up with Hashimotos which I still have. I'm thinking that your body got out of whack some how after your child was born. It certainly merits further investigation by an Endo or a smart doc.

Take care

Grace

Old 10-04-2007, 02:18 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace1908 View Post
Just wanted to add that all of those symptoms are not psychologically manifested. You have some physical reason for them so trust your intuition on that and keep bugging the docs until they will listen. You said low BP what is it usually? A lot of those symptoms sound like hypothyroidism. However you also said it started after the birth of your child. I personally had thyroiditis after birth. I went hyper for a little while and then ended up with Hashimotos which I still have. I'm thinking that your body got out of whack some how after your child was born. It certainly merits further investigation by an Endo or a smart doc.

Take care

Grace
Thank you. My intuition (which is always very strong) does tell me this is not psychologically based. My Gyno diagnosed me with PMDD after talking to me for 2 mins and gave me an armful of Lexapro samples. I happen to have a psychiatrist who prescribes anxiety medication who was very upset about it. He does NOT feel I should take the Lexapro and that I need to look into physcial reasons. Yet, none of my phsyicians are willing to do anything. My BP in the Dr office is usually 90/60 - 100/65. 110/70 has been the highest. At home I assume it is much lower.

Closed Thread