It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

georgi HB User
Hyperparathyroid I'm going to Florida!!!!!

I decided to cancel my surgery here in Arizona and hopefully will be going to Dr Norman in Florida for my parathyroid surgery. Let me know if anyone else has decided to do the same and are you happy you did???

Old 10-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User
Re: Hyperparathyroid I'm going to Florida!!!!!

I think that's a good decision. From what I read on Dr. Norman's website, you definitely have the para. problem, and he is the man that can find it SIMPLY, not that long, drawn out surgery with the big scar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
(male)

wdiguy HB User

Im going to be seen him soon also!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:43 AM   #4
(female)

georgi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdiguy View Post
Im going to be seen him soon also!
So when are you going?? I sent all my paper work in, but have not heard back yet.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
(male)

wdiguy HB User

Still waiting to confirm the insurance through my primary so I can be transferred. Hopefully as soon as possible, i want me old self back.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

Hi, wdiguy,
Did you ever get to go to Dr. Norman for your surgery? If so, how did you make out? Are you feeling better?

Or if anyone else went to Dr. Norman for surgery, how did you make out with the surgery?

Thanks.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #7
(female)

pamlr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi View Post
I decided to cancel my surgery here in Arizona and hopefully will be going to Dr Norman in Florida for my parathyroid surgery. Let me know if anyone else has decided to do the same and are you happy you did???
Georgi did you go to Florida for parathyroid surgery? I did they were great!
pamlr

Old 05-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #8
(female)

lenormandista HB User

I honestly cannot recommend Jim Norman. I had surgery there 10 weeks ago, and that was okay, and the staff was first rate, but...

My calcium is still 10.8, and my PTH is still at the high end of normal. So I asked him what was up.

He proceeded to swear at me, call me a liar, and let me know that he will never communicate with me again because of this - my labs, after all, are 'perfect' in his opinion, and I am simply not telling the truth about them.

I dread the thought of having to go back to America for another surgery, and after this episode, I would never go to Florida.

So now I really don't know what to do. I've had some minor improvements since surgery, have not been taking the calcium supplements because they made me sick, but over the past five weeks or so, I've lost any ground I gained.

Back to square one, I guess. Has anyone else had their calcium stay elevated for a long time post-op?

Old 05-28-2008, 05:30 AM   #9
(female)

Joan1940 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi View Post

I had my surgery in florida 6 weeks ago. everything went well. I am now waiting for results from follow up blood work.

I was very happy with the hospital, staff and dr's. Everthing at tampa general ran very smoothly and professionally. I would suggest however, that if you have follow up issues in the days afterwards that you call Dr. politz. he was exceedingly helpful and gracious the few times I called him. re low calcium symptoms afterwards and another issue as well.

The one call to Dr. norman did not go as well. However, in terms of the surgery they certainly are the most experienced around and that is what counts.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

lenormandista,
I am so sorry to hear that your calcium is still high. I hope that you do not have to go through the surgery and travel all over again. I found that there is a parathyroid (endocrine) clinic in New Jersey, USA, but I do not remember anything about it other than it was in New Jersey.
Keep us posted, and I hope that you feel better and that your numbers go down, that is terrible after everything that you have been through.
mmee

Old 08-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #11
(female)

mistygreen HB User
Thumbs up Re: Hyperparathyroid I'm going to Florida!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan1940 View Post
I had my surgery in florida 6 weeks ago. everything went well. I am now waiting for results from follow up blood work.

I was very happy with the hospital, staff and dr's. Everthing at tampa general ran very smoothly and professionally. I would suggest however, that if you have follow up issues in the days afterwards that you call Dr. politz. he was exceedingly helpful and gracious the few times I called him. re low calcium symptoms afterwards and another issue as well.

The one call to Dr. norman did not go as well. However, in terms of the surgery they certainly are the most experienced around and that is what counts.
JOAN 1940 Hello again, and thanks for the update. So glad things went basically ok,,, YOU last posted in may> how are you doing now? How long was your recuperation re energy? and how did you heal? Are your labs normal? Wishing you the best of health...........Misty

Closed Thread