It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
(female)

amanda26 HB User
Fainting/Thyroid

I am still rather new to the boards and I have symptoms of both hyper and hypo at different times. I am waiting to see an endo in November as my GP says my TSH and T4 are fine, (i'm told not to accept that). Anyway my question is this... Does thyroid problems have anything to do w/ fainting episodes. I have had these since I was young an they never gave me any explanation for them. They only happen about once or twice a year, but are very random. Also I did Lipodissolve and I blacked out from both treatments. This treatment causes severe inflammation and you aren't supposed to do it if you have an autoimmune disorder. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Fainting/Thyroid

you need to be tested early in tho morning for TSH, FT3, FT4, T3 Uptake, and TPOAB, TGAB. You may be hashiomoto's.. this is a nasty hypothyroid causing autoimmune issue that can start out as hyper/hypo shifting states and end in complete destruction of your thyroid. dizziness, and such are symptoms of hypo thyroid and there is also the chance that you can test negative for hashi's and still have it.

So get the tests run. Get a copy of your lab results and post them.. then we can tell you if something is up. Other things to look into are you B12, Vit D, and Ferritin levels. Low and subpar levels of these minerals/vitamines can cause some of the dominant thyroid symptoms as well.

Sincerely,
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
(female)

amanda26 HB User

I have 3 more weeks until my appointment, and I hate just waiting. Every time something comes up or I remember another symptom I drive myself nuts trying to figure out what is going on. I just hope this guy is really nice and open to running these tests because I have a baby and it is so hard to keep up w/ her right now. This is a very frustrating thing to have isn't it? Especially in getting the right diagnosis. If this is indeed what is wrong w/ me. How long does those results take to come back once they do them? My appt is in the afternoon at 1:45. Do you think he will take that into consideration? Thank you for your support. It is so appreciated when you have tons more questions than answers.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Go to your OB.. ask for them to draw up the following first thing in the morning so that it will be back in for your consultation with your Endo:
TSH
FT3
FT4
TPOAb
TGAb
T3 Uptake
Also ask your OB/nurse about any metabolic tests you might need and a chem spec with Vit D and ferritin added. The OB nurses tend to be on top of the game and willing to work with you.

Since your reproductive health is directly linked to your thyroid.. OBs tend to be really happy to do this for you... and it keeps them in the loop. I am going through my Ob versus my IM now, because i can get early morning blood testing done. My IM tends to see me getting blood work drawn at 3-4 pm. Not good. Get them to fax or arrange for a copy of your blood work to be sent to you. Post here and the slurry of experience will give you a good idea of what you need, what to expect.. and how best to get what you need.

Antibody tests can take 3-7 days to run. TSH is quick. T3 and T4 are quick.. but the error is greater in these techniques.. takes 24-72 hours to run a FT3/FT4 depending on analytical method.. but the results are much more accurate. Chemist.. so I know what the machines do and how long it takes.

I went into my endo with all my facts in hand knowing what I had and how I needed to treat it. She agreed and actually gave me further insight and seems to be working with me and mine. It helps to enter the appointment forewarned and forearmed and ready to go to bat with yourself.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread