It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
(male)

snowballsn HB User
T3 and T4 backwards

I am unsure as to any more details, but on a checkup as a child, my doctor said that my T3 and T4 were backwards. He wasn't sure whether or not it would pose a problem.

The same doctor also said the same thing about my 4yo cousin recently.

Not sure exactly what it is, I have tried searching google etc. and found nothing about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: T3 and T4 backwards

That doesn't make any sense whatever. Either this MD doesn't know much about the way thyroid works, or else he's very bad at explaining things to his patients.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
(male)

snowballsn HB User

I will have to see if i can contact him and ask him to explain it in more detail.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Don't ask for an explaination get a copy of the blood work. If you ask this fellow to talk he may just circulate hot air.. and waste your time. Get the numbers and ranges. Post them here. We can see what we can infer. You can ask the MD to explain it.. and make sure you record it. But if the T3 and T4 are inverted he better be willing to send you to an ENDO for a second opinion. This fellow sounds a sandwich short of a picnic.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread