It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

shastaw HB User
I hope Iam not being a pest but I need help

I just got back my results from my doctor and I need help decifering(sp) them.

If it is not to much trouble could someone read these and TRY to explain it to me.

Sonogram: The right lobe of the thyriod gland measures 5.2 cm in length and 4.1 cm on the right. ( Is that large)...There is a diffuse heterogeneous nodularity throughout both lobes of the thyriod gland. (What does that mean)There is a well-circumscribed solid appering 9mm x5mm x 9mm nodule arising adjacent to the posterior aspect of the mid portion extending towards the lower portion of the right lobe.This could represent a thyriod nodule or adjacent nodule/lymph node.Small lymph nodes are seen bilaterally.

Thyriod scan: There is a slight heterogeneity uptake within the the gland. The right lobe appears larger than the left. No dominant hot or cold nodule is evident.

lipids and endocrine: TSH 68.94 0.20-6.00 mu/L
______
Free T4 9.1 8.0-22.0 pmol/L

Thank you for shedding some light on these. I hope it is not too much trouble.

Shastaw

Old 11-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: I hope Iam not being a pest but I need help

Okay. I am not a scan expert, but I have looked over my mothers scans a good bit.

First with that TSH you are major hypoT and need replacement hormones.

In general they look at size of each lobe:

In your case one side is slightly larger than the other.. thus the nodes are heterogeneous in size.. i.e. not the same.

The actual tissue consistency is heterogeneous as well.. non-uniform. However you have no defined nodules of significant size in your thyroid at this time.. instead you have a bunch of tiny nodules spread out through out the thyroid.

The uptake scan would have shown a cold zone in any node that was completely dead or none functional zones with in the lobes. If you had Graves disease you would have had hot zones which gleamed bright white or yellow in color. Cold zones are blue/purple/grey.

Basically you had good news. Your thyroid is enlarged and inflamed by being hypoT and working its tail off only to still fail to meet your needs. There are no defineable cysts of nodes of sufficient size to biopsy and the uptake scan didn't indicate Graves.

This is my interpretation of it. But there are others with a lot more experience in the matter out there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
(female)

shastaw HB User
Re: I hope Iam not being a pest but I need help

Thank you very much

Closed Thread