It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
(female)

Canada eh HB User
Got the blah's

I have Hashi and take 112 mcg of synthroid daily, most days I feel OK and doc said my latest blood test shows everything OK with thyroid.

BUT some days I just feel BLAH! Tired, but not exhausted, not mentally alert at all, "brain fog", can't concentrate, almost feel a little light headed and dizzy, irritable.

I also have type 2 diabetes and thought maybe when I feel this way it is glucose related, but I check my blood glucose and nothing indicates it is too high or low, not enough anyway to make me feel bad.

Does it sound like a thyroid problem? I see my doctor again in a few weeks and I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning to him.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Old 11-19-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
(female)

shastaw HB User
Re: Got the blah's

[QUOTE=Canada eh;3313773]I have Hashi and take 112 mcg of synthroid daily, most days I feel OK and doc said my latest blood test shows everything OK with thyroid.

BUT some days I just feel BLAH! Tired, but not exhausted, not mentally alert at all, "brain fog", can't concentrate, almost feel a little light headed and dizzy, irritable.

I also have type 2 diabetes and thought maybe when I feel this way it is glucose related, but I check my blood glucose and nothing indicates it is too high or low, not enough anyway to make me feel bad.

Does it sound like a thyroid problem? I see my doctor again in a few weeks and I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning to him.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi ,

I also have Hashi's I feel pretty crummy most of the time. My TSH is 68.94 and my T4 is 9.1. I feel dizzy , my body hurts, BRAIN FOG ..ect ..ect.
I have a goiter that is growing and it feels like it is gagging me. Sorry I don't mean to complain.

I think you are feeling the affects of hashimotos. Not FUN . I hope you fel better soon.

Regards

shastaw

PS Not that it matters but I live in Canada as well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

Canada eh HB User
Re: Got the blah's

Thanks for the reply. I was just diagnosed late last year and I guess I still have lots to learn. I figured since I take the medication every day and my blood work is OK, I should always feel good. It sounds like that's not the case at all.

The brain fog is the worst - I have a hard time concentrating at work and I worry I am going to make mistakes.

I guess I'll just suck it up and wait for it to pass, at least I know I'm not the only one, misery loves company. Good thing we Canadians are tough.

Sorry to hear about the goiter, that doesn't sound pleasant at all.

Closed Thread