It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
(female)

lisaann1 HB User
Stitches poping out after surgery and a knot under my insicion

I had my lobectomy last monday the 26th and all has been fairly well since. The doc took, or should I say, ripped off the steri strips this past Tuesday. Today is the first day I really got a close up look of the incsion and actually touched it with my finger. I thought I saw dried blood and went to clean it, but then realized it was two small black sticthes poking out of my incision. The doc did internal stitches, not external ones. I also felt the area and there is a knot about the size of a kidney bean right below the skin near where the stitches are (where the drain was). First of all, should I be seeing any stitches, and secondly, what about the hard knot? I called the doc and the receptionist told me to call back on Monday.

Last edited by lisaann1; 12-07-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Stitches poping out after surgery and a knot under my insicion

I had regular stitches on the outside, and dissolvable stitches internally, each dr. has their own preference.

My outer stitches were removed, but dissolvables very often "spit" and pop out. They shouldn't bother you, but if they do, at this point, internally everything is closed, you could probably snip the ends that are sticking out, but be careful because you don't want to scar.

I had a "knot" where the drain was, and over time it flattened and disappeared. Once you are totally closed, you can try scar guard tape to flatten overnight if it bothers you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread