It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #1
(female)

cmcurt4 HB User
Surpise large solid nodules found

I have been plagued with episodes of nausea and fatigue for years. I have gone through a ton of GI tests. Prior to having my gall bladder removed by default, my doctor sent me to an ENT. He discoverd a 2.6 cm solid nodule and ordered an ultrasound which revealed two additional large nodules on the left plus complex cystic nodules in the right. I am awaiting the results of the FNA of only the largest nodule. The endo doctor and two ENTs say the nausea in not related. However, the surgeon wants to wait on the test results since he thinks it could be related especially if an Auto immune disorder is found . Intial labs are in the normal range. Any thoughts on this???? Am I looking at cancer due to the size of these things????

Old 12-17-2007, 04:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GCC HB User
Re: Surpise large solid nodules found

The "normal range" is way too wide.
Do you have a copy yet of your lab reports?
If you do, post your results, the numbers along with the reference ranges used.

If you don't have a copy of your lab reports...I think the thing for you to do next is to call the drs office and request those copies. While you are at it get a copy of the reports of any other test you've had done (like the radiologist report of the ultrasound, etc). By law now they must give you copies of any medical reports you ask for.

It just takes phone calls to get these copies. Go by and pick them up or have then faxed or mailed to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Surpise large solid nodules found

If you have more than one nodule, you are less likely to have thyroid cancer, if that helps.....it's common to have "multinodular goiter"---a lumpy bumpy thyroid usually from thyroid disease---which sounds more like what you have. I hope your fna comes out great!

Closed Thread