It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
(female)

stina3246 HB User
Need someone to shed some light

OK....I found all my old thyroid records and the size of my nodule which I have had for about 15 years. 4 years ago it was 3.8 X 2.1 X 3.6 cm and 2 years ago it was 4.2 X 2.3 X 3.8
so it has grown. It is most likely bigger now. My scans, 5 biopsies and blood levels have always been "with in normal levels" Biopsies have always shown it to be benign.
Is it possible that this is the cause of the lump in the throat feeling and tightness I've been having? This sensation comes and goes and gets worse with anxiety. It has eased up a little in the last few days. I still get the lump but not the tightness. When the lump feeling lets up (usually better in the morning) my throat feels tired.
I have an ultra sound on Thursday.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Need someone to shed some light

Yes, You feel like you have a lump in your throat---because you do---you have a very large lump in your neck. Your nodule is the size of an entire thyroid, and I'm surprised that nobody has urged you to get it out.

Is it a single nodule, or do you have multiple ones? If it is a single, even if your fna's have been negative, they do not get all the cells inside, and the cells inside something that large can change---which could be why it is growing.

I think you should consider getting that thing out, especially if it is making you uncomfortable, the large it is, the more challenging the surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
(female)

stina3246 HB User
Re: Need someone to shed some light

I am going to talk to the doctor about having it removed. It has never caused symptoms like this. I've never been able to feel it inside unless I pressed my hand against it or layed on my stomach on that side but I supposed it has grown now to the size where it IS pressing on things so I can tell it's there. I don't know why no one has urged me to have it out. I've always kept a close eye on it but I think it's time for it to go!!

Closed Thread