It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
(female)

ruth7649 HB User
How do I find a good endocrinologist in my area?

Hello,
Are there any sites that list endocrinologists and patient reviews? I live in the Boston-Worcester area in Massachusetts. I am also with a HMO. I have had two bad choices for local endocrinologists. Part of the problem may be due to constraints put on participating doctors not to order expensive tests. Or financial incentives to keep care costs down. I am really looking for an unbiased review. Is there a reputable site that I can go to? I feel so defined by my long term thyroid disease that I would love to find a doctor who is empathetic with all the symptoms. I have had radioactive iodine therapy for a multinodular thyroid almost three years ago and I still am very symptomatic. The worst are the flushes and sweats, mostly triggered by the slightest of overheating and humidity. I am very fair and turn lobster red, the sweat just pours. It is very embarrassing and I hate summers. Sometimes I feel like I would rather die than go through another hot humid summer. It is that bad. There is some family history of this, but not as bad as my situation. Please help me!

Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: How do I find a good endocrinologist in my area?

I listed some MDs on your other post. Use the Armour physician finder database to look for yourself using your exact Zip code. Hopefully, one of the MDs is on your HMO plan.

Good luck.
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread