It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

stina3246 HB User
Need more help guys...Sorry

I thought after I had the surgery (just over 3 weeks) everything would be fine but I'm still having horrible anxiety.
My throat is feeling really good more often (the globus thing seems to be slowly going away) since being put on Zyrtec.
But being as paranoid as I am....I was feeling around to see if my lymph nodes were swollen and I am able to feel what I THINK they are but one seems more prominent then the other. It feels smaller then a pea and moves around more like a tendon or ligament then a lump but I can feel it right where the lymph node should be under my jaw. It's very squishy and rolls around a lot. I can feel one on the other side but not as much. Now that I've been messing with it it feels a little sore.
I do have an infection in my tooth that is actually on the other side that I was JUST put on antibiotics for yesterday.
Will lymph nodes swell after surgery? How long will they stay swollen?
Sorry to be such a pest but I can't see my doctor until March 20th!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Need more help guys...Sorry

Yes lymph nodes will swell. You just hacked stuff out. Your body responds by fighting back. I think my mom complained of it for a month. She just had a partial thyroidectomy. It is not the thyroid, but I had issues for a month after my tonsils and adenoids were yanked. Call the surgical nurse and get her to share her experience on the matter as well. The tooth infection could be the other kink in the works.

Good luck and I hope that it gets better soon. I really do not think you should be worried at this time. But call the nurse.. if she is a good one, she will be able to allieviate your fears.

MG

Last edited by mkgbrook; 02-28-2008 at 08:23 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User

Stina--back in college, I felt fluish and had lymph glands swollen on one side of neck. No other symptoms. The astute campus doctor said he actually thought I might have an infected tooth. I thought he was crazy because nothing hurt. I started antibiotics. The very next day one of my wisdom teeth started hurting, AND it was on the opposite side of the swollen lymph nodes. I went to the dentist, abscessed wisdom tooth extracted, and then all well afterwards. So, yes, the glands from the opposite side can be related to your tooth.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
(female)

stina3246 HB User

Thanks guys, I do feel better. I have an appointment with the oral surgeon on Wed. (my teeth are a MESS) and I may ask him to just check the lymph nodes real quick. I would think a surgeon of ANY type will be able to tell me if what I'm feeling is normal.

Closed Thread