It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
(female)

applepip HB User
In England and looking for optimal treatment,please help

Hi everyone i have underactive thyroid and have my tsh level at 4.04 and my ft4
level at 17.2 . My Doctor is refering me to the thyroid reg ,so ime hopeing this will give me more info into my readings ,if anyone could give me any sort of information i would be very gratefull

Old 03-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
(female)

applepip HB User
Re: In England and looking for optimal treatment,please help

Hi there, is there anyone from England that has been to a thyroid register, i have to go to one in leicestershire. Ime wondering if they will check my ft3 and what to be prepared to ask them , or what they will do.can anyone help please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

I am watching and hoping someone answers soon. I unfortunately can not give you guidance in this area.

MG

Old 03-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

innocence HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by applepip View Post
Hi there, is there anyone from England that has been to a thyroid register, i have to go to one in leicestershire. Ime wondering if they will check my ft3 and what to be prepared to ask them , or what they will do.can anyone help please.
Hi,
All I can say is that I live in the UK and even my GP checked my FT3 and FT4..this was in Nottingham. Which hospital in Leicester are you going to?? I'm getting my antibodies checked by an endocrinologist, though...

Old 03-20-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
(female)

applepip HB User

Thanks MG nice to no your there, you really are the Angel on mt shoulder at the moment you have given me so much information and eased my mind. I just have to wait for my appointment now and see what happens,i am right now haveing a funny bout with my heart, it seems to beat funny and i feel a bit hazy in my eyes at the same time. i do have reguritation of the heart valve which can sometimes make my heart flutter. this seems to be a bit different though and i wonder if it is somethink to do with my thyroid. I do hope your ok all the moaning i have done i should ask how you are , i will keep you updated as and when i get some more results thanks your a real Gem.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:06 AM   #6
(female)

applepip HB User

Hi there thanks for you post its much appreciated, the leicester royal so ive been told, i am waiting for my appt to come through i dont no how long that will be. My doctor has checked my Tsh and my ft4 but nothin eles as he said they dont do that in this area, but ime not happy with it so ime hopeing to get more results when i go hospt. He told me he is sending me to see the thyroid reg, do you no what this is as ime assuming its an endo but dont really no. Are you hypo or hyper, i was diagnosed in july last year and have been ploding along scince then with the tablets, my GP just phoned and said i was hypo and he would leave a perscription at the desk for me (Great hey) they didnt explain things to me but said the good news is tho youl'l get free perscriptions for life, hmmm i think i was suppose to be greatfull or somethink like that he he. anyway if you have any more info pls that would be great.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hi lucky i just caught you im an old memeber of the board 38 with 3 kids and from england like you , i have never heard of the thyroid register???mm i get the tsh down and i think ive had the t4 twice and i had to pay 35 quid for the t3 wich isnt to bad , but hello kat here and if you need anything ill keep subscribed to you thread , oh even if your t3 is low they dont really give us much more than t4 meds levothyroxine best of luck and brb love katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 03-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #8
(female)

applepip HB User

Hi Kat, my Gp says the thyroid reg is where i will be moniterd and get second to none treatment but i will wait and see , i no he wasnt happy really with me on the day as i questioned him as to why they were putting my thyroxine up to 75mcg when 3wks previous the other Gp had said i was border line over active he checked and said i wasnt. so i said i wish you would make your minds up betweeen you , and tell me what you really mean so i feel i have the right meds,thats when he said well its prob best to send you to thyroid register then ,so watch this space, my TSH on the 4th of feb was 4.04 and my ft4 was 17.02. thanks for taking the time to post.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #9
(female)

applepip HB User

Does anyone no if i would be able to choose another area to see an endo if i'm not satisfied with the treatment ime getting

Old 03-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hello and welcome to the thyroid board,there are many nice pepole on here.
I haven't been on here for a while so a hello and hope you are all feeling as well as could be....Anyway to your question I am sure if we are not happy we can go to a different hospital in a different area from what I believe you can choose from four hospital's (its called choose and book) I hope you get things sorted out, what I will say to you is to read and learn as much as you can so you go to see your Endo with alot of knowledge...take care..Mad Maz

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 03-21-2008 at 03:43 PM.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:23 AM   #11
(female)

applepip HB User

Hi Mad Maz feeling very curious as to how you chose your name,is it because your a girl with a very bubbly personality? i hope ime not talking to a crazy woman Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Not realy thats just my sense of humour i hope you dont mind, if theres one thing this damed thyroid problem isnt haveing its that! i do hope your ok . i am copeing but finding it hard to make other people around me to understand whats going on inside me, i am trying to read as much as possible about all this without looking as if i'm obssesed. The more i read the more i want to read i dont want to miss this chance at the endos and come out wishing i'd said this or that or asked this or that through my own ignorance. So ime going to write a list of questions down for him, i bet they wont want to see me again he he he and for once i wont have to feel daft for haveing a list cause now my stupid thyroid has given me an excuse, i cant remember things like i used to! he he, although that is true i cant. The list of things it is making me suffer there is no endind to. with my TSH at 4.04 and my T4 being 17.2 they say ime hypo i dont no how bad my readings mean i am though, i just no how bad i feel, i cant wait for this appt thanks for listening to me goin on your very welcom to go on about yourself too and i will listen also , everyone who has posted back to me has been so nice and helpfull, you all feel like my little thyroid family he he take care. applepip

Last edited by applepip; 03-22-2008 at 02:28 AM.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:13 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Good morning how did you come across your name is it because you love apples ??

I am Mad and funny with a good sense of humour well I am told that I am ....

I am a little worried that you are on 75 mg thyroxine with your levels, I would have thought your Doctor would have started you on 25mg !!

Are you feeling any fast heart beats, Anxitey??

I will come back on later have a nice day you all...Mad Maz

How you doing ok pursie, Kat my thyriod budby!!

Old 03-22-2008, 04:14 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hi apple pip nice name mate lol!!!
ok ok i think going on to the full wack of 75 could be alittle bit much most people go up in 25s i went up in quater of 25 pills , but some poeple are ok with this i would have had no more than 50 in the begging it is strange when you first get this strange illness, i feel the drs dont have much time for it i have researched into it aswell, and so have many of us on the boards i think im coming to terms with it after 2 years of feeling cheated !!!
all i can say to you is keep on it and if you feel like your heart beat is going to fast and you get anxiety go back or reduce it down alittle i had blood tests every 3 months sometimes every 6 weeks i still do so that you know you are going to get right and keep it checked once you get to the right place wich is about a tsh of 1 to 2 and the t4 maybe 15 up
i see you have been talking with mad maz alias mandy she is a london girl and pretty funny we know each other well hello mandy how r you doing good luck apple pip love kat alias pursie

Last edited by pursie; 03-22-2008 at 04:19 AM.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:28 AM   #14
(female)

applepip HB User

Hi Maz i have just found one of your posts and i see that you too have had allergie tests done, i am also allergic to Hazel nuts, trees, fruits birds,dust mites,chemicals,perfumes and cosmetics,and being tested at the mo for latex i do cary an epi pen has i have had reactions, the hospital said it could be something different i could be allergic to another year as regarding foods. i do no what you must be going through with that and i have seen some of your other post and seen there are other things your going through that we have in common hope your haveing a better day today i will speek again shortly have to go at the moment i cant type as i'm feeling very shakey i dont no why applepip x

Old 03-22-2008, 04:55 AM   #15
(female)

applepip HB User

Hi Pursie & mad maz I know my name is funny so i'l tell you how i got it, well i have a peugeot 206 in apple green and its very small inside and when i put the roof down when i first had it i said i fell like a pip in an apple sliced in half , well of course my family and friends made it stick and called me applepip so i named my car that and everyone eles calls it me, a bit wacky maybe but with my sense of humour its funny i think my thyroid did that too hehehe , anyway back to thyroid meds i did start off on 25mcgs and then 50 and now 75s i have the odd bout of fluttering heart beats but i have reguritation of an heart valve,instead of the blood flowing freely through it makes some flow back and build up, then when its ready it decides togive my heart a kick starting thump and makes it flutter and i sometimes go a bit dizzy and odd times a bit light headed. but i am now getting the fluttering on a daily basis once or twice a day so i will have to try to determin which is causing this now my heart or my throid meds you are all realy nice people. oh by the way Pursie how did you get your name lol!! applepip x

Last edited by applepip; 03-22-2008 at 04:57 AM.

Closed Thread