It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
(male)

remote34322 HB User
lump in throat

ok, this has been driving me completely off the deep end, for about a month now ive had this feeling that come on all the sudden in the back of my throat, at first i was convinced it was sinus, and for about 2 weeks it was bothering me then i actully got sick and was blowing my nose constantly, sinus infection, i went to the doctor and he gave me some pills, and while i was actully sick the feeling in my throat actully was gone, but now that my nose is pritty much clear, and this was about 3 days ago, the feeling came back, its in my throat now it doesnt seem to be where my nose and mouth meet anymore, its more in my throat. and when i turn my head to the left its kind of hard to breath, but its more of a sensation like the lump is being pushed. ok today is the real reason why i need som answers.

when i woke up this morning the feeling came on, i didnt think much of it, but when i got to school i was sitting in lunch and i felt like a asthma attack coming on and my throat tightened up so i forced out a cough, the feeling in my throat was just crazy i still feel it greatly, so i got up and left school, i gotta say this lump feeling does feel like theres food stuck in my throat, it causes this pulsating kind of feeling every so often, and it admits slight pain, all of my attention is completly fixated on this, and my grades in school are showing it.

Also to be a pest to some one who might help me, my lungs feel very sore when i wake up, and sometimes i wake up at night and in the morning ith a sensation of breathlessness and i cant catch my breath, and i panic a little, could some one pelase help me this is geting way to out of hand, could this be from stress? or anxiety? my mother died not to long ago in september, ive taken it as well as i could, but i dont think that it would effect me that bad, could this lump be part of some kind of post tramatic stress kinda thing? sorry for writng so much but im freakin out here. thanks
Matt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
(female)

stina3246 HB User
Re: lump in throat

I have gone through something similar but I didn't get sick. I had a bad tooth ache and when it went away I was left with a lump in my throat. I also had a lot of pain and pressure. I've had an endoscopy, 2 larynoscopies and had 1/2 of my thyroid removed (I had a large nodule that my GP was sure was the problem.) Anyway...it's been 4 months and I still have the lump feeling with an occasional ache. Apparently it is VERY common among GERD (bad acid reflux) or LRP which from my understanding is similar to silent reflux. I did NOT have heart burn or any symptom of reflux accept I clear my throat all the time but the doctor who did the endoscopy told me this was most likely the culprit. I am on Protonix and Zyrtec (The Zyrtec is for post nasal drip which can also add to the issue) It seems to have helped more then anything. It's still there but not as bad. I also have an odd gurgle when I swallow, mainly saliva or small sips of something...I don't know if anyone else has this.
And yes....stress REALLY aggravates it. I sometimes take a muscle relaxer and then the lump may dissapear (or I just don't care about it....haven't figured which yet.)
Did you say you'd been to a doctor yet? From my understanding...this symptom when it is the only one is rarely a sign of something dangerous but for your own peace of mind you should get it checked out.

Last edited by stina3246; 03-18-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
(female)

shurely HB User
Re: lump in throat

Matt, So sorry about your Mom. The symptoms you are having could be caused by alot of things but during times of stress and depression it can be made so much worse. Have you been trying to keep your feelings all bottled up inside? Do you have someone that you talk to about this? I can sympathize with your loss. I've lost both my parents but at an older age than you. Still, I understand. Please talk with someone and also if these problems continue you should see your dr. Hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread