It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User
lumps that don't get noticed?

Anyone have noduals that were not felt exterior? I'm just getting a bit paranoid maybe? but, have had this lump feeling, swallowing issues and burning, pressure into upper back area. Not heartburn, ruled that one out. My endo wouldn't do a scan, next Monday going to a "great"? new Endo near Boston. His nurse said yes they do scans and test t3 etc etc I've been on meds since January and feeling worse! no energy, throat issues, and basically worn out to the maxx. My last tsh went doen from 7.6 to 3.29. I'm wondering if the neck surgery I had several yrs ago, herniated cervical discs 3 of them might be the culprit? They entered right thru my neck near the thyroid and used extensive x-ray for guidance, something I'm going to inquire more about now.
Hysterectomy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: lumps that don't get noticed?

I have a nodule.. maybe more now.. and my thyroid is enlarged, but you can not really see it externally. It just isn't THAT large yet.. but I feel it, everyday. It even catches and holds onto my food these days. That is unsettling to say the least. Right down all your symptoms and push for that ultrasound. I am getting mine done by my ENT, but he is top notch and has on day of the week set aside for thyroid procedures. He stays really booked up, so I know he is good. He also did wonderful work on my sinuses and tonsils and adenoids and my sons, adenoids, ear tubes, and tonsils as well.

Let us know how your new Endo works out. We should start a new thread.. Thyroid MDs Keepers and Losers.. Humm.. they may not like that.. KEEPERS and the uninformed.. YES! That is more politically correct. I may just start that thread off this afternoon.

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
(female)

stacey2008 HB User

Yes - my nodule is not palpable, despite it being a decent size (1.7cm) - it is on the far posterior of my thyroid (back side)... I would've never found it without the ultrasound, which was done to measure my goiter...

Old 03-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
(female)

TDCRose HB User

I have an enlarge thryoid and 3 nodules 1.8 to 2 cm. No dr(been to 8) has been able to feel my thyroid or my nodules. The 2nd endo sent me for an US to ease my mind-told me it could not be my thyroid-it felt normal. US found enlarged thyroid and with three larger nodules. The 3rd endo and the one I am keeping! said my thyroid is lower and deeper in my chest cavity then most -he could not really feel anythig either, but explained why. Push for the US-the dr. should listen to how you feel not just look at lab numbers.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey thanks MG & Stacey. Yes, I'll make sure I get that scan on this appt. I just feel something there, sometimes I have to gasp to catch my breath when drinking, scarey. Boy if they find something my 1st endo will never hear the end of it!!! same for my primary, both refused scans! MG, so true about the "catching" thing, same here. Stacey so glad you had your scan too, just shows how important that is. My orig endo made me feel like an idiot for asking for one, just because he lightly touched my neck and I drank a sip of water that was enough. I"ll hold his ankles like the pup you described MG!! in my other post. to get the scan done.
This waiting for appt's is so draining, I'm waiting to see if I can switch to the earlier one on Friday, 8 am. ( not a fan of early appts, plus snow showers in the forcast.( snow is nothing new here, a foot still on the ground and huge piles, urgh)
Hysterectomy

Old 03-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Geeze, more people. Td, thanks for your report. That's what I'm thinking its deeper and makes sense not externally feeling it. Just for my peace of mind they WILL do a scan!!!!!
Hysterectomy

Old 03-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Lori123 HB User

My nodule was not palpable, either. The doc "thought" she felt an enlargement of thyroid, had ultrasound, and tech said no way could doc feel it, it is only 5-6mm. The US did show it, though, and I had it watched for 4 years with US and FNA, and the second FNA showed papillary cancer. It was small, and even the endo couldn't palpate it...they were going to watch it another 6 months, but ordered the FNA, thank goodness they did, or I would have never known. All bloodwork looked great, and on US, it "looked" benign, no radiographic signs for cancer...........most all are BENIGN, though!!
Lori

Closed Thread