It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2008, 05:07 AM   #1
(female)

Myth HB User
endocrine disruptors

a few months ago I suggested a new board on environmental toxins because I believe that a lot of illness has its roots in the chemicals that we are exposed to daily ....
there is scientific evidence to support that chemicals in our environment are endocrine disruptors... this is not well publicised and people remain blissfully unaware that something as simple as your cosmetics,water , food, plastics, pesticides etc are endocrine disruptors they can mimic or block hormones, they can halt or stimulate or change the way your hormones work and affects your pituitary, thyroid, adrenal, thymus, pancreas, ovaries , testes.
blood tests for thyroid dysfunction will not show the cause in fact blood tests for thyroid are highly inaccurate and only show what is circulating in the blood at that moment not what is happening on a cellular level it doesnt tell you that plastics can leach chemicals which disrupt your hormones,it doesnt tell you that these chemicals are fat soluble and are not easily flushed out of the body but accumulate in fat stores and continue to disrupt the hormones long after ingestion/absorption. and the docs cannot/will not tell you why the thyroid is malfunctioning ...surely it makes sense to research endocrine disruptors......and eliminate them as best as it is possible

Myth

Old 03-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: endocrine disruptors

Thanks for your post. I am certain those that read it will look into it thoroughly. Anything to help.

SIncerely,
MG

I know NIH.gov websites are allowed so I feel comfortable sharing the site. I good summary of the basics is provided here, so you can read the nih.gov's take on this issue.

[url]http://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/agents/endocrine/index.cfm[/url]

Last edited by mkgbrook; 03-30-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User

Interesting...I have always believed, after my moms' many illnesses/cancer, of "unkown origin", that a "waste disposal" plant near my childhood home was the culprit. Out of the 20 or more homes there about 80% of the people in families have died or contracted cancer and diseases. We lived on a lake that was near the site and barrels were buried nearby. Especially after viewing that movie, drew a blank, with Julia Roberts, oh!, Erin Brokavich. sp , so similar! My childhood friends, a few, got hysterectomy's like me, at a very young age. One lady died of lung cancer very young, never smoked. The plant is long gone and trying to fight it now would be nearly impossible. I use to mention this and nobody took it seriously.
Hysterectomy

Old 08-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
(male)

djpatd HB User

I was had an acute exposure to pesticides in 2004. I now have low testosterone, a lesion on my liver, fatigue, sensations in my brain and depression.
Every time I go to my doctor they think it is anxiety. Finally are send me to an occupational doc but modern medicine has no answers.
I heard of a Dr. Rea at Environmental Health Center – Dallas. Its amazing what they do.
I found a doctor in So Cal that recommended saunas and other protocols as the pesticides store in the fat.

Last edited by djpatd; 08-19-2008 at 10:37 AM.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
(male)

Marty84 HB User

I know as far as thyroid disorders go, chemicals such as fluoride in toothpaste and chlorine in drinking water are harmful.

Closed Thread