It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Out of whack thyroid again... symptoms???

I was doing so well for about a year and now I swear my thyroid is out of whack again. My doctor refuses to test me again because I was ok in Nov. And she thinks it is unlikely it would go back out so soon.But now its April. I can tell I am having bad things happen again like when I was first diagnosed. I am TIRED!! my hair is falling out again, I have indigestion and heartburn, IBS kicking in, anxiety, muscle twitches, and those are just a few off the top of my head. Can anyone relate to those? Do any of you have those disorders with your low thyroid?? Shall I demand she check my blood again? I am tired of being treated like I am imagining things. I am not!! It makes me so mad. I am the one feeling like crap. Now I am being sent to a neurologist for the muscle twitches and I am thinking this whole thing could be my thyroid out of whack again. Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kmatthew HB User
Re: Out of whack thyroid again... symptoms???

My thyroid was fine, and seven days later it shifted to WAY NOT FINE............
It does not matter, it is a hormone and I am living proof that when your hormones would like to go bezerrk it does not go on a schedule. Be firm with your doctor, and try to hang in there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

osteoblast HB User

TEEdwards-I have hypothyroid due to hashimoto's. My levels were ok for about 6 months and now for about 16 months or so -very unsteady. My endo checks when we change dose , of course, but whenever I call and say I am not feeling right-like too revved up or too lethargic , she will order the thyroid panel. No quibbling. And, while I often am surprised with the results--that is, I am feeling revved and the tests show I am going further hypo and vice versa . I do not seem to be levelling out.She says I am in a very unstable autoimmune situation. So-I do not know whether you have hashimoto's as the reason for your hypo--I am assuming this doctor checked your antibodies --if not, that would cause me to question the doctor's thoroughness. Anyway, still, the doctor's not taking your symptoms seriously and ordering labs is something that I personally would not go along with. For me that kind of treatment would have been very detrimental to my health -which is already suffering. So, others may chime in here-but, I would be looking for another dr. Best way would be to talk with your friends, network and try to find a responsive doctor.At each meeting with my doctor she says very seriously "so, how do you feel"-this is not a quick exchange of pleasantries-she wants to know how I am functioning-emotionally, physically, mentally.If you are not getting this kind of treatment, you owe it to yourself to look further.

Last edited by osteoblast; 04-07-2008 at 01:30 AM.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:56 AM   #4
(female)

applepip HB User

Hi thereTedwards i have all those symptoms you sound as if your down if there anythink to go by i am up one day and down the next i have a thread called MY THYROID IS CRAZY NOT ME by Applepip the girls on there are a good bunch and usually have a load of info if this helps Apple

Old 04-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
(female)

annabee3 HB User

Hi there! Just wanted to let you know I'm hypo as well, and I too have many of your symptoms, anxiety, muscle twitches, hair falling out... among others. It's not fun stuff!! Also like you, my doctor doesn't connect the symptoms (for me it's the anxiety) with hypothyroidism. After getting some feedback from posts, I realize that there are doctors out there that listen to your input. Afterall, you know your body best! So I will definitely be seeking out a new doctor, and maybe that's something you should consider
Good luck!!

Closed Thread