It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 07:15 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User
biopsy results, NOT Cancer!!!!!!

What a RELIEF!!!!!! Haven't spoken with the doctor yet, but nurse said, "no malignant cells noted". She said he will be calling me later to go over it. These "scares" are going to drive me nuttier! Are there any specific questions I should be asking him when he calls? Like follow ups, should it come out? do I have to have more ultrasounds in the future etc etc This goes to show even when nodules look "suspicious" they can be fine!!!! AHHH, now to get on with my life!!! hope my levels get normal soon!!!
Hysterectomy

Old 04-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
(female)

Curious2013 HB User
Re: biopsy results, NOT Cancer!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindspirit View Post
What a RELIEF!!!!!! Haven't spoken with the doctor yet, but nurse said, "no malignant cells noted". She said he will be calling me later to go over it. These "scares" are going to drive me nuttier! Are there any specific questions I should be asking him when he calls? Like follow ups, should it come out? do I have to have more ultrasounds in the future etc etc This goes to show even when nodules look "suspicious" they can be fine!!!! AHHH, now to get on with my life!!! hope my levels get normal soon!!!
I am waiting for a similiar call. I was told no cancer on this nodule, but I know there were several others they said had to be followed. Is your biopsy site still swollen a bit and sore? Mine is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Curious, mine is black and blue but not much swelling. It hurts a bit when I swallow. I hope you get a good report too!!!!!!! I just had one nodule of concern, now I wonder what to do about it? do they leave it and re check? will it go away? could it turn to cancer? Even with a good report we think about. Keep us posted on your results, good luck, hugs, cj
Hysterectomy

Old 04-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
(female)

Curious2013 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindspirit View Post
Hi Curious, mine is black and blue but not much swelling. It hurts a bit when I swallow. I hope you get a good report too!!!!!!! I just had one nodule of concern, now I wonder what to do about it? do they leave it and re check? will it go away? could it turn to cancer? Even with a good report we think about. Keep us posted on your results, good luck, hugs, cj
No black and blue, they put pressure on it and ice. I think that helped. I do still feel swelling and some pressure up towards my ear. And it feels weird to look down. I do know the nodule was deep and vascular.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
(female)

crystalhunt1517 HB User

I am so glad for you! I know you are relieved as was I two weeks ago when my results were benign. Big weight lifted!

Old 04-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

osteoblast HB User

Kindspirit-Congratulations! I hope your neck is looking/feeling better now.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #7
(female)

WATCHOUT! HB User

Hey Kindspirit,

HOW WONDERFUL to hear your GREAT news! God is definitely watching out for YOU! Now you can look forward and make plans and be excited about living again. Just want to tell you how happy I am for you... our God IS good...

Old 04-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Crystal, Osteo, Watch!!! Curious, hope all turns out great for you too! Doing better, in a "hyper" phase right now as my tsh was .12, and I'm sure feeling it! I'm hoping the nodule was a Hashi's attack and will settle down on its own? Looks like we all will be keeping up with Mr. tsh for a long time, hope everyone feels better, hugs, cj
Hysterectomy

Closed Thread