It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User
Hyper Hashi's is it safe??

Hi everyone! Just a couple of quick questions. This is the first time that I have been hyper that I know of with this Hashi fun thyroid of mine. Today my tsh came back at 0.16 with a range 0.40-4.50 is that safe and okay? Is there anything that I need to know. My meds of course have been changed. My T-4, FREE was 1.6 range 0.8-1.8. Are these numbers okay? He never runs a T3 anything either, is that necessary? Thanks so much if you can answer my questions. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 04-11-2008, 05:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User
Re: Hyper Hashi's is it safe??

You and me both! I just found out my hashi's tsh is .12 I've been "hypo" at 7.66. Have you had a med change? what dose were you on? I've been on 88, levo. with fast increases from 25 starting late Jan. My new endo just reduced my dose to 50/75 alternating days. I was very tired and depressed, now I'm anxious, constipated and hyper this really stinks!!!!! This whole thyroid thing is really ******* me off! but sure explains why all my life some days were ok and others horrid, anxious then depressed, energy then exhausted, urgh Hope we both get helped soon!!!!
Hysterectomy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

kindspirit--You are so right about the symptoms. This is my first time and I was DX'd in 2005 and still trying to get to the right level. My hypo high has was 9.02 and that was on .075 which doesn't make since to me. Now that dose is too much and I'm back on 50/75 like you said. Maybe that combo will work. Sometimes I think nothing is going to work, bad attitude I will work on that. I really haven't had a problem until now. And that scared me because I've been sick all last year with moderate anemia. My question is how long will it take to stop feeling hyper symptoms on this new dose? Does it take days, weeks or what? Thanks for posting. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 04-11-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

T4 has a half life of 6-7 days.. less when you are hyperT. So in 10-14 days you will feel the decrease. You could stop cold turkey for a day or two and speed the process.. but that might give you the shakes and such coming down that hard. I just pushed myself to .1 with Fts in the 190% and 290% of normal range on 75 mcgs of Synthroid. Hashimoto's sucks. I am beginning a petition with my ENT to get my bugger out now versus 9 years down the road. Enough already.

As to not getting Ft3's Your MD needs one of those v8 smacks right in the forehead. If you are out of balance which I am betting you are given the optimal T4 level. Then you may have adrenal issues going on which are going to make it even harder to get balanced on meds. You need optimal care.. not minimal care. Order your MD to run the Ft4 and Ft3 after 4 weeks have passed. Post the results here and we will tell you where you sit and if you need more tests.

MG

Old 04-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgbrook View Post

MG Thank you for your reply. I hope that you can answer these questions too.

As to not getting Ft3's Your MD needs one of those v8 smacks right in the forehead.
I can feel the V-8 smack coming on!

If you are out of balance which I am betting you are given the optimal T4 level. Then you may have adrenal issues going on which are going to make it even harder to get balanced on meds.
How would an adrenal issue present itself?

You need optimal care.. not minimal care. Order your MD to run the Ft4 and Ft3 after 4 weeks have passed.
He has my next lab for 6 weeks is that okay? I will call and ask to add Ft3 to my lab. What if I accidentally put a check in that box myself, that is if the pen was to slip?

Post the results here and we will tell you where you sit and if you need more tests.
Thank you and I will most definitely post the results for you all. FLFLOWERGIRL

MG

Old 04-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Adrenal symptoms can be a lot like hypoT. They are interconnected and as a result it is hard to distinguish with out adequete blood and saliva work. The man tale tell sign is when the FT3 and Ft4 results are not close together. This shows that something is off in your conversion or pituitary/adrenal balance. So first step is the FT3 and FT4 and TSH 3rd Gen. Then conversion checking with RT3.. then adrenals and pituitary.. it is a step by step process. We can help you.

MG

Old 04-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

MG--Thank you so much for you opinion and information. I asked the Endo yesterday about adrenal fatigue. I'm having a hard time feeling normal again after anemia 15 months ago. And... now as you know I am hyper for the first time. He said that if I had dark skin and low BP, which I do not have. He did say if I started getting symptoms he would test for me. I didn't know what the symptoms were at that time, didn't get that far in my book yet, LOL. You are sooo right I have almost all the symptoms on the Adrenal Fatigue list, it must be very close to Hypo symptoms. I really do need to check into this. Thank you again for the support. I will post those numbers in 6 weeks. That sure does seem like a long time to wait. FLFLOWERGIRL

Closed Thread