It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
(female)

stacey2008 HB User
Feel nodule moreso at night?

Hi everyone. For those of you with nodules (especially those over 1.5 cm) do you feel them moreso at night?

Mine is posterior, so I can't actually palpate it... But, at night my neck gets tender; right where I know my nodule is...

Does (or has) this happened to anyone else (at night)? It doesn't bother me much during the day. Should I call my doc, or no? I don't want to be "the boy who cried wolf" if this is no big deal...

Old 04-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
(female)

Curious2013 HB User
Re: Feel nodule moreso at night?

Yes, for some reason I definitely feel worse at night. I think it is the strain of leaning forward and other activities during the day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2008, 07:49 AM   #3
(female)

stephanie867 HB User

I can definitely feel mine more at night...or anytime when I lay down. Mine's pretty large (2.5cm).

Old 04-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Mine is right at 1 cm. Right lower lobe - posterior. I feel it morning, noon, and night these days. It is worse right before I take my meds when my hormone levels are at the lowest. The ache my ENT told me was antibody attack thyroiditis flares. Something hashimoto's sufferers are supposed to live with til the thyroid is dead or gone.

MG

Old 04-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #5
(female)

Curious2013 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgbrook View Post
Mine is right at 1 cm. Right lower lobe - posterior. I feel it morning, noon, and night these days. It is worse right before I take my meds when my hormone levels are at the lowest. The ache my ENT told me was antibody attack thyroiditis flares. Something hashimoto's sufferers are supposed to live with til the thyroid is dead or gone.

MG
MKG, do you know if there is any other reason they might hurt besides Hashi? I am not supposed to have Hashi but they do ache from time to time. My largest is 2.8. I have another 2.0 and a few more a bit smaller. I'm waiting to hear the official results of a biopsy of the 2.0 one. It was very vascular, but is supposed to be benign from preliminary reports. One of the other nodules is "wrapped" in blood vessles, but they do not go through it. They felt they could just monitor that one through ultrasound.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Ache and pain indicate inflammation or growth. Why is individual? The aching may just be due to irritation of swallowing and vocal vibrations through out the day. It may be a sign that your levels are a bit low and your thyroid is trying to work around the mass. Have you had a biopsy? If you have they would be able to finger Hashimoto's even if you blood work was false negative.

Here is a test for you. If you sing many songs or the 12 days of Christmas.. how does your thyroid feel afterward. Mine hurts like a bugger that has been kicked down the lane. So I know talking, and swallowing can cause it to hurt as well as antibody attack.

MG

Old 04-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #7
(female)

Curious2013 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgbrook View Post
Ache and pain indicate inflammation or growth. Why is individual? The aching may just be due to irritation of swallowing and vocal vibrations through out the day. It may be a sign that your levels are a bit low and your thyroid is trying to work around the mass. Have you had a biopsy? If you have they would be able to finger Hashimoto's even if you blood work was false negative.

Here is a test for you. If you sing many songs or the 12 days of Christmas.. how does your thyroid feel afterward. Mine hurts like a bugger that has been kicked down the lane. So I know talking, and swallowing can cause it to hurt as well as antibody attack.

MG
MKG if I post something on my thread Going in Circles will you please respond? I don't want to hijack this thread.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

i will but i am about to hop off line.. It may take a few hours.

MG

Closed Thread