It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
(female)

nail lady HB User
sea salt

can you use sea salt without iodine ?

Old 04-13-2008, 04:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User
Re: sea salt

I'm not sure what you mean by your question. Do you mean can you use sea salt for detox without being on an iodine protocol? Or do you mean can you find sea salt that doesn't have iodine in it?

The answer to the first is yes. Many people use sea salt without being on iodine.

The answer to the second is I don't know. I've never looked for sea salt without iodine in it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2008, 05:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User

I normally use sea salt---sometimes non iodized, but if you are prepping for RAI, you might just get the mortons, because I've heard that everything from the sea has iodine, and I decided not to risk it, even though the label says it's not iodized.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:18 AM   #4
(female)

nail lady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
I normally use sea salt---sometimes non iodized, but if you are prepping for RAI, you might just get the mortons, because I've heard that everything from the sea has iodine, and I decided not to risk it, even though the label says it's not iodized.

thanks i think i will not use it any other good recipes you like i doing tomato sauce pasta rice tortillas and salsa pasta salad and vinergrete dressing.
i have tried so much stuff in the cookbook not that much luck. i like my salt and cheese

one more question going to washington in june 10 days after rai treatment field trip been planining all year. never been on a plane is the treatment going to effect any of all the rules? do i need a letter ? thanks

sheri

Old 04-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User

I use a lot of salt---mortons non iodized was my choice, I didn't restrict that at all.

I ate chicken soup, and chicken cutlets when I got very hungry-with a big salad, with oil and herb dressing--to make cutlets I used something called "matza meal" a crushed matza for the bread crumbs, and egg whites, and olive oil.

You should definitely get a letter, in case at one of the airports they have any sensitive radiation testers (they have these in NYC, so I kept a letter with me).

Also, my state (NY) requires a consultation with a nuclear safety person, you should ask your hospital to arrange one, I found it invaluable to figure out what I could and couldn't do, and when.

Closed Thread