It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
(female)

lindylou53 HB User
Anyone Tried Cla To Help Promote Weightloss??

Hi Everyone, I must say it's nice to be able to get info from this board!

I have been diagnosed as HYPO for about 7 mo. now. I have had good results with my meds. The hair loss is better, I have eyebrows again, and my skin is not near as dry. But, I am still slowly gaining weight. I am taking Synthroid and have also started taking Melatonin to help me sleep. I have gained 10 lbs. in the past 10 mo. and really want to get it off and stop the weight gain. I have seen this advertised for Hypo sufferers and they say it works. Anyone tried it???
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
(female)

Kygirl100 HB User
Re: Anyone Tried Cla To Help Promote Weightloss??

Hi Lindylou,, I too am on Synthroid 75mg. Have been for 5 months. And I too have put on about 5lbs. What is Cla? Is it a perscription or over the counter? I have not heard of it.
Let me ask you, since starting Synthroid has you appitite just gone crazy? Mine has. All I want to do is eat, and I don't seem to have any control to stop. I am ready to throw the pills in the trash. Thanks Kygirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #3
(female)

lindylou53 HB User
Re: Anyone Tried Cla To Help Promote Weightloss??

Kygirl100

When I 1st started, yes I felt completely out of control, but that has gotten better. I take 50 mg. and think that the Dr. should up it a bit more. I have blood work done again at the end of the month. I actually think that the Synthroid when it's working right should help in weightloss.
CLA stands for conjugated lenoleic acid. I am just about ready to try anything. I have always been an exerciser and have always watched my weight. I am 58 and feel my best at about 135-140. I am now at 151 and am just about to go crazy. I can't seem to stop the gain. Anyway - I am just about up for anything.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-15-2008 at 06:53 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

Closed Thread