It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
(female)

Jazzmine1212 HB User
Unhappy Just found Nodule in Thyroid

I am 33 with a 7 month old and a 2 year old. I went to the doc for one thing and ended up accidentally finding a pretty large round nodule in my thyroid. I am really hoping it's from the flu I and just getting over. I had a really bad flu with a lot...I mean a lot of hard coughing. I'm getting an ultrasound on it Friday, but I am still hoping it's from the coughing. Does anyone know it that could cause it? With two small kids, this is the last thing I need right now It's very scary. I don't want the biopsy either...I just want to wait a few weeks to see if it goes away. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User
Re: Just found Nodule in Thyroid

Has your doctor done any thyroid testing, blood work? Not sure if a nodule can be from a bad cough? I had bronchitis this past January and lasted several wks, bad coughing. I'm wondering, too, if my nodule may have been aggravated from that bug? I do have hypothyroid and Hashi's. It would be a good idea to have thyroid testings, along with anitbodies just to make sure its not from that. Good luck!!!
Hysterectomy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
(female)

Jazzmine1212 HB User

He took a lot of blood tests yesterday...so no results yet. So he ordered the ultrasound and then a biopsy if the tests show something. I didn't even know it was there. He asked me if I had neck pain or anything. It hasn't even bothered me at all.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
(female)

Curious2013 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmine1212 View Post
He took a lot of blood tests yesterday...so no results yet. So he ordered the ultrasound and then a biopsy if the tests show something. I didn't even know it was there. He asked me if I had neck pain or anything. It hasn't even bothered me at all.
For what it is worth, my mother had a HUGE nodule in her thyroid for 15 years at least before she had it taken out. She was a young woman, too. I now have 6 nodules. I had one nodule and one lymph node biopsied. It really wasn't that bad and the ultrasound is a piece of cake!

Good luck!

Old 04-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User

Sorry about your nodule, many people are walking around with them, and don't know it. 95% of them are benign. They usually do a needle biopsy if they are over 1cm.

They don't know why they pop up, sometimes because of thyroid disease, sometimes no reason.

Your doctor is doing the right thing, and don't worry, it's likely not anything, but you need to go through the process, it's probably not from coughing, probably been there for a while, but the coughing made the muscles achey perhaps in your neck. Most of the time people have no discomfort, sometimes people do if the nodule is in a strange location, or if it's very large.

You will be okay.

Closed Thread