It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
normal

can anyone tell me if ths of 6.9 are normal thyroid levels my doctor does not tell me much

Old 04-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User
Re: normal

Find a new doctor!!!! far from "normal". Should be under 3, do you have symptoms? I'd get another doctor who has some knowledge about the thyroid, this guy/girl is pretty dumb. There are alot of ignorant doctors out there, find one who tests t3'4's and does ultrasounds, antibodies too. I'm not surprised your doctor said that, I think that's why there are so many "ill" people in this world on so many addicting drugs and not being treated for their real reasons of complaints. I've learned by many many misdiagnoses by "doctors" not to trust. Now I do the research, use their ability to get the correct testings and I study! Good luck,
Hysterectomy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thank you for the reply could you tell
me if thats underactive or overactive i have been feeling so ill but some days i am fine most days i am not when the doc said it was just a little high i could not understand why i was feeling so bad i had stopped smoking to feel better and then this came up i gained nearly 2 stone in weight and i am usualy very active but i have no energy at all most days the only medication the doctor gave me was atenolol for the fast heartrate and he is doing another blood test in two weeks

Last edited by SHARON1952; 04-19-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

It's "underactive". Mine was 7.66 when I finally...got noticed! but, prior to that, I'm 51, I ran in the 3's to 5's a couple yrs ago. I've had "symptoms" most of my adult life. It's no wonder you feel crappy! I would have good days and bad, never understood my ups and downs? Insomnia was horrid! I've been thru so many tests, gi and exploratory, kidney cytoscopies ended up with severe infections and many surgeries, oh, its been hell. Now my thyroid is totally destroyed from hashimoto's disease. This didn't happen over night, if it had been properly diagnosed all these yrs of suffering would have not been. I am furious!!! I've got a nodule, 1cm, that has suspicious cells. Please demand further testings!! My doctor sd I've had this since my teens the way my thyroid looks. ( my 1st endo dr, a couple months ago, refused to give me an ultrasound, sd my thyroid is ok and I don't have any nodules!) needless to say, he was WRONG!!!! It's a very treatable condition, thyroidism, if properly treated. Best wishes
Hysterectomy

Old 04-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thank you i will keep in touch and let you know what hapens sorry to hear all that you must have suffered are you any better now

Old 04-20-2008, 06:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for asking Sharon, I'm early into all this, so it will take time. Some things are better, like my insomnia. But I flucuate all the time to hyper, which really stinks. I'll feel better when I know for sure my nodule is ok? It has "hurthle cells" which I'm very worried about. I have a friend who has hypo and feels GREAT now with meds. I think because I've had this so--long and have other medical issues its going to be awhile to figure it all out. Just do your homework and try not to obsess too much, ask questions, knowledge is power. Check any meds you might be on because they too cause a host of symptoms. I've gotten off all med's, just to rule out that. Good luck
Hysterectomy

Old 04-20-2008, 07:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

what are they doing about the hurthle cells did they tell you talking about medicine i do take a lot dothiepin diazapan asprin pravistatin i have been on the dothiepin for years and have read on the internet that you cant take thyroid medication with them i have been getting treated for depresion for years now i am thinking its been the thyroid i dont know how they will get me of the dothiepin as i have tried a few times myself with no sucess well will just have to wait and see please let me no how you get on as i will be thinking of you and realy do hope everything goes well

Old 04-20-2008, 09:39 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Sharon, as far as the hurthle cells, biopsy report says no cancer showing, but, must be relooked at in 4 months. If the nodule has grown I'm going for surgery! hurthle cells can be one of the most aggressive thyroid cancers, so, I'm not playing around with it if it looks worse in a few months.
Regarding the meds: looks like you're on an anti d? and xanax (usa name)? I know how very very hard it is to get off those! The anti d is a bit easier, I cut slivers of a pill off and held for a wk , then a bit more it took some time! The xanax, that is probably the worst drug on the market! addiction happens within wks of a standard dose. It can not be stopped cold, cutting the dose a tiny bit may help every 3 wks or so, or once down to .25 you could substitue with valium, as it stays in your system longer and helps withdrawal. All "benzo" type drugs are addictive even on so called low doses! There are great ****' regarding this, Prof. Ashton, in the UK, has done great studies, that site helped me so much!!!! ashton manual. I had horrible symtoms from them, and they are gone now!! took over a yr. Just don't ever try to stop them cold turkey, very dangerous!!!!!!!!! take care.
Hysterectomy

Old 04-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

its valium i am on but the antidepresant is the older type tricilic antidepresant i dont think the valium will affect thyroid med but dothiepin is mensioned so i will have to try and come of them i did try before but i think i was trying to fast i came of the vallium years ago it was horific i felt like a drug addict but i done it in 3 months but under stress went back on them again

Closed Thread