It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
(female)

holly207 HB User
Few Qustions

I am new to the board. I have an appt with a new endo in a few weeks I was dx with a nodule in December 07. For a few years my levels have went from high to normal. Can a nodule cause this? Also my left eye has been bothering me more lately (I have chronic dry eye). In Sunlight I can't keep my eye open without getting nauseaed, and it seems more dry, also my contact is more irritating. Could all of this be related in some way? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Few Qustions

You need to be tested for Hashimoto's thyroiditis. This it the thyroid autoimmune disorder responsible for many ill people and most thyroid hypoT's. You flux hypert/hypoT during the early stages of the disease.

Antibody tests for determination are; TPOAb and TGAb.

Read up a bit on Hashimoto's, i bet many things will click.

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2008, 06:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I have come across a couple of lists on the net which named 'dry eye' as a problem. The thing is that everybody is an individual and not everybody will experience the same set of symptoms. The trick i guess is to work out what you definitely do experience and does it fit the list.

Speaking of eyes, mine were often swollen and sore and felt extremely tired and most definitely dry, but it was mostly that 'swollen' feeling which got to me. Funnily enough, the doctor who treated me for my very low iron levels did ask me during my first consultation that were my eyes normally large or did i have a thyroid condition. Then when i went to have my iron injections, the nurse brought up the subject of my eyes and thyroid. Neither of these people knew i had Hashi's and neither did i at that point. I found it rather intriguing that they more or less diagnosed me with a thyroid condition by looking at me, yet gp's had been dismissing my blood tests as being normal and 'within range'. How i cringe at that phrase these days!!

Old 04-22-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

*shivers before jumping on the soap box* NORMAL! It can be a dirty word. What is the definition of NORMAL. Who is normal? I am not, my momma is not, my son and husband are not.. Well I guess normal just isn't normal. That felt good!

MG

Closed Thread