It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 05:26 AM   #1
(female)

mattie75 HB User
This was better until last night . . .

waking sweating, heart pounding, and with what seemed like adrenal surges and pit in my stomach like a heavy weight. Last time this happened my T4 was high and I had very high antibodies. Looks like they are back again, the only relief is just being aware that I have had this before. Anyone else had this and if so how did you deal with it? It really makes my life miserable and I get very little sleep. Sleep for about 2 hours and there it is again. I am really having trouble deciding about thyroid removal and maybe this is the push I need. This seems to be my worst symtom and it had gone for a while. Any suggestions? I am trying to wait until the end of school (teacher) to do anything, but know I may take the first surgeon with a knife.

Also, when this happens my neck makes a crunching sort of sound like I can hear squeaking gurgling sounds in my throat. Stange? This is probably why most doctors think we need psycho referral.
Mattie

Old 04-21-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: This was better until last night . . .

I have had this issue corresponding to Hashimoto's flares. i don't think you are crazy just hormonally imbalanced ! Join the club. I had to cut my thyroid meds in half during these periods when hypoT symptoms come back.. i get to raise my meds.. and then drop them and so forth and so on. I am riding between 25 and 75 mcgs of synthroid. It sucks. I am going to request my growing thryoid out. It is effecting my speech, my ability to swallow and just is an over all PAIN! Sorry feeling better now. Mood swing! We shall see if I get my ENT on board. I am going the ENT second opinion and removal if necessary route. I will try and wait til this summer for mine to come out as well. The added heat will help with the ultimate hypoT phase.

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
(female)

mattie75 HB User

I too am going to seek a second opinion from ENT. I now also feel better, went ahead and took my cytomel this morning after thinking very strong about it, but decided it really seems to help my own thyroid from breaking through with the "crazy" symptoms. My heart rate is not high and blood pressure actually came down after about 2 hrs. after taking med and guess what, now I could sleep on a picket fence. I just do not understand these crazy swings, and it looks like with some of these hyper swings I would lose a little weight. Back to being as fat as ever! I really hate that. After losing 26 lbs. last spring into fall, now it has almost all come back. I am still hesitant about surgery, seems sorta extreme, but why feel miserable. Life is short and we need to enjoy it while we can. Right now I am not enjoying very much.

Sorry for the ranting! Why when you think things might be better do they go crazy again.
Mattie

Old 04-21-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Because life wants us to be prepared? i have no frigging idea. I think things will be great.. finally get an MD to treat teh thyroid mess. Then BLAM! antibodies knock out my adrenals too. It is an overall mess and yes I am sick of it.. but I will be darned if I let it keep me down. I get angry instead. I blame it on mood swings.

MG

Closed Thread