It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
(female)

shayna1030 HB User
almost diagnosed...some questions..

hello all...my bloodwork came back from the dr and it was a 0.0 i guess it should be .49 or something? anyways, he says it may be graves disease and hyperthyroidism...i would believe that, if it wasnt for the fact i am over 250lbs!! i went to him because my hair was falling out alot, and this is the result...i have to go for the ultrasound and some other 2 day test in 2 weeks. can someone please let me know if this is 'normal' and how much weight i can expect to Gain once i go on medicine to fix my lil thyroid? thanks so much!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: almost diagnosed...some questions..

You need a full thyroid profile and look into adrenal function as well. You can be hyperT in one level hypoT in another and deficient in many minerals and vitamins.

You need a
TSH 3rd Gen range should be 0.3-3.0
FT3
FT4
TPOAb
TGAB
TSI
TRAb

It is possible to have both Graves and Hashimoto's. This is known as Hashitoxicosis by most and very hard to treat. It is the worst and best of both. My mother and Aunt B1 had both. The final fix was thyroid removal.. then medication.

Adrenal issues of note Cushings and or Addison's. You need the ACA antibody test and the ACTH and cortisol blood serum tests with a 24 cortisol rhythm test. This will cover your basis and should be revealing in any added tests you may need. A thyroid uptake scan should have been scheduled as well. If all this was done then your Endo is working for you.

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User
Re: almost diagnosed...some questions..

I had the same DX. And I have NEVER been a thin person either. I also felt the same way when I was first told. I thought there is NO WAY! Lol.... I figured Hypo not Hyper. But now looking baCk I see where I had symptoms of hyper also. So I know that the symptoms can cross one another and not all Hypers are thin people and even my old GP told me that also.

Now that I have had my gallbladder removed and did the RAI treatment I have gained even more weight. So much so to where I feel horrible and very unfit. I have always been a bigger person but never felt limited in the things I could do like I do now. Not comfortable nor fun! I have 4 children that I feel suffer the most because I just don't have the energy or feel well or sane half the time to do fun things with them. It SUX!

Closed Thread