It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
(female)

mbcs HB User
dx in 2003 - 1st back to dr for check

This may sound crazy to some but here is my story. I would appreciate suggestions as to watch I should ask dr.

1.DX in 2003 with Hashi's - also very high antibodies and five nodules
2. Had a needle biospy of nodules - hx - Endo could not feel nodules, ultrasound reported 5 in different sizes, then Endo did needle biopsy with out an ultra sound - I questionsed at the time how she knew she did an effective biopsy w/o ultrasound when she couldn't feel them????
3.Biospy was clean
4.Consult w/area top Endo - thought things where fine - told me I was crazy for taking aroumr instead of synthroid
5.Found holistic md to keep up the aroumr

3yrs later I have had bad sympotms again. Need to get new MD but don't know what I should be asking for when I go.
? should I ask for another ultrasound?
?just blood work and if so what?

I know my diet is WAY off....I also have food algergies, molds, wheat, gluten...etc....

I just need a direction. I got myself feeling 200% better, lost weight, no achs...but in the last year my scheduled changed and I am in the sae spot I was 3yrs again

Old 04-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: dx in 2003 - 1st back to dr for check

You need to go to an ENT for target ultrasound and FNA of the nodules. The Armour should be fine if they are keepingyou optimized and checking your levels. Once you have nodules standard care is a US every 6 months with routine FNAs of anything over 1 cm. Any less in care is insufficient. Get a referral to a top thyroid ENT for your second opinion and evaluation of the nodules. US targeted ultrasound FNA is a must in my personal opinion.

MG\

Blood work:
TPOAb, TGAb - to see where your antibodies stand right now.
TSH 3rd gen, FT3, FT4

Get a copy and post levels and ranges here.

Last edited by mkgbrook; 04-23-2008 at 09:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
(female)

mbcs HB User
Re: dx in 2003 - 1st back to dr for check

thanks for the direction.

I was able to get my armour increased but since the DR doesn't know what she is looking at I need advise as to what's next.

Endo in our area are synthriod slaves or pusher. I had a reaction way back and don't want to switch now.

I will post my labs when I get them - I plan to ask to have them done while I wait for Endo.

I had 2 nodules over 1cm - and three small one
mb

Closed Thread