It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
(female)

beeeb HB User
please help me

I need anyone to help me please.The doctor doesnst seem to care or know. I am a52 year old female,was feeling healthy happy,relaxed,when about 12 days ago I got a cold brochial virus.The doctor put me on cephilexin 500.I rested taking the ceph,my low dose synthroid(mildly hypo),prempro(menopause 8 years ago )no more symtoms for years,and extra strength tylanol for pain in throat ears chest.The first 2 days i was ok ,maybe alittle out of breath and weak,but the third day I started to feel weaker,more out of breathand my feet and hands. felt clamy.Also at this time i started to feel hypo glycemic over and over ,even with food. My husband and I went to acute care ,bp high pulse high ,white count ok,told me maybe tylanol making me feel weak.I went home was home about 2hours and my legs felt like they were trembling and my plse and bp went way up. I called the doctor she said stop all meds exept the prempro(didnt think that had any reaction. I felt like i was slowly being injected with some kind of stimulant. I stayed awake all night could not even close my eyes.Pulse and bp stayed staedaly way high.Went to the doctor , she took my tsh,4.2 normal.This has been going on for 12or 13 days .I cant sleep, feel like i have to walk constantly ,all night and day (never tired or sleepy),have absolutely no appetite(rare for me).If i do dose off for afew minutes i feel like my brain is still awake.The flicker of the tv even makes my heart jump.Ive lost 15 pounds and my body just hurts from walking allthe time.Im getting waves of depression (which Ive never had and my Children and family are worried. I dont feel nervous or anxious at all just very wide awake.Has anyone ever had this reaction to a virus or meds? I pray someone can help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: please help me

I replied to your other post as to what I felt you should do about this. I wish you luck, but the dramatic weight drop and other issues on top of an abnormal TSH which is only normal due to lab error in failing to meet A A C E guidelines reset to 0.3-3.0 in 2002.

You need thyroid treatment as well as care for your current issues.
MG

FDA information on Prempro: [I have more.. this is the first addition]
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome: Abnormal hair growth; bloating; breast tenderness or pain; changes in sleep patterns; darkening of the skin; dizziness; fatigue; hair loss; headache; irritability; increased or decreased sex drive; lightheadedness; nausea; stomach cramps; stomach upset; weight changes.

Final addition given you meet the classification by TSH alone of being hypothyroid.. or underactive thyroid:
Some medical conditions may interact with Prempro . The following may apply to you:
* if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
* if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
* if you have a family history of breast cancer or have had an abnormal breast mammogram or x-ray, a noncancerous lump on the breast, or bone cancer
* if you have asthma, diabetes, seizures, dementia, migraine headaches, heart disease (eg, high blood pressure, heart attacks, heart failure), kidney disease, an underactive thyroid, lupus, pancreatitis, or abnormal calcium levels in the blood
* if you have depression, uterus problems (eg, uterine fibroids, endometriosis), cholesterol or lipid problems, gallbladder disease, excessive weight gain, or a blood disorder (eg, porphyria), or if you are significantly overweight

So if you have Hashimoto's hypoT or just plan hypoT it can be interfering with the prempro as well as aggravated by your illness and antibiotics. How are you losing weight? Loss of appetite or diarhea.. we need more to go on and you need a more thotough investigation of your current health by a thyroid savvy MD.

Last edited by mkgbrook; 04-23-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: please help me

I added a bunch of pertinent information on the prempro. In my opinion stop the prempro and find a new MD. Print out my post on thyroid care and share it with this MD on new TSH limits etc. You are hypothyroid and sick. You need help.

MG

Closed Thread