It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
(female)

mattie75 HB User
Trying to increase cytomel with results of terrible anxiety

I tried to up my dose today by 5 mg..Within 2 hours panic big time. Other than the panic I really think I felt better and had more energy than in a long time. Some swelling that had been in my arms left for the first time in a while. Muscle tremors also seemed better, no worms under my skin feeling. Blood pressure not too high at 132/70 with pulse at 74. Had been about 50 over the weekend. No shaking or other ill effects. Will the panic subside some after a few days? Never had this response before with small increase. Suffering right now, I really hate this feeling and was one reason I ended up at the dr. to begin with after high antibodies caused hyper, etc. This is certainly one effect I do not want. Hashi's antibodies have been giving me a fit also the last few days and dr. thought increase might help to lower TSH and get thyroid settled.

I am so frustrated, really at my wits end and emotional wreck today. One thing I had been so concerned about with surgery was the hassle of getting med regulated, and now this which only adds to my concern of medication regulation after surgery.

Woke up again this morning with the adrenal surge pit in my stomach feeling again, third day in a row. Usually happens with high t4 and high reverse t3 which makes me think hyper. Think this is either early morning TSH surges (causing temporary hyper), or Hashi's antibodies. Only happens early am and wakes me from a dead sleep. I also hear that weird throat clicking when I wake this way. Gosh I hate this. I just want my life back.

Feel a little better after that rant.

Oh, and by the way - good friend called today. TSH 0.05 and Free t4 at 1.0 asked my advice since she knew I was still on the ride. Dr. told her Grave's. I told her to get all antibodies checked. He wanted to zap it this summer. She is resistant as of now.
Thanks for listening.
Mattie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Trying to increase cytomel with results of terrible anxiety

Hey Mattie,

Sorry about the skin angst. It may be temporary adjustment issues. I would try and hang with it for 7-10 days. That will get you to equilibrium with just a T3 adjustment.

As to your friend get her on here. We can help her. She shouldn't go for Graves and RAI with a T4 level that low. She needs all antibodies.. Graves and Hashi's run, FT3 run, and an RAI Uptake scan and ultrasound. This will confirm or rule out Graves, Hashi's, hot nodules.. etc. it will also give her a running baseline. Depending on the FT3 levels we could be looking at adrenals. If the MD was willing to kill her thyroid on just a TSH and Ft4 reading.. well she needs to start MD shopping. Not enough facts for a TT or and RAI. I would go for TT over RAI any day of the week.

MG

Closed Thread