It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
(female)

seekingwellness HB User
Need Thyroid Doc in IA or MN - Suggests Please!

I went to see my first endo [an Internal Medicine doc by the name of Dr. Wermers] on the 22nd - he was from Mayo Clinic, but he also works at the New Hampton Hospital in New Hampton, IA. He did not offer me any help and in fact told me that I would be wasting my money to have anymore tests ran. He based this on TSH, T3 and T4 results only. He did not want to look at my list of symptoms and didn't honestly care that I am a 41 year old female that has been suffering for a year now!

If anyone has a thyroid doc that has helped PLEASE post their name, clinic/hospital, city and state so I can check into them - I need a doc that understands that even tho I may have normal TSH, T3 and T4 there is still something wrong! I live in IA and am close to the MN border so I can travel - anyone - PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP!

Thanks a million and have a great day
Seeking Wellness

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

keystone206 HB User
Re: Need Thyroid Doc in IA or MN - Suggests Please!

Seekingwellness,

I am currently seeing Dr O'Dorisio at the Univeristy Of Iowa.
He is one of the best Dr's I have ever meet. I was very impressed with the amount of time and attention that I received when I visited their clinic. If you google "university of iowa endicrinology" you will be able to look up all the faculty there. It would be quiet a drive for you though, but maybe worth it. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
(female)

RMB HB User
Smile Re: Need Thyroid Doc in IA or MN - Suggests Please!

I am sorry you had such a rotten appointment. I am new to this board but have been lurking for about a couple of weeks trying to find some helpful info. I am in southern mn...and saw Dr Smith from the Mayo clinic for thyroid concerns. He was very helpful and informative. I am actually going to have surgery on May 8th at the Mayo. Kinda of wound up about it but should be for the best when I am done.

Good luck in your search...
Rhonda

Old 04-24-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
(female)

seekingwellness HB User

Thanks Keystone for the suggestion ~ I will be looking in it that right away! I guess at this point I don't care how far I have to drive!

And Rhonda thanks for the support and suggestion as well ~ good luck with surgery on the 8th! One thing I have learned about this board is everyone here is very supportive and helpful ~ lots of the girls here will answer questions and ease your fears [if you have any :-)] so post asking for support and you will get it! The ladies here are just great so stay with us and let us know how things are going for you!

Thanks again for the suggestion!
Seeking Wellness

Old 04-24-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Okay this comes from a specialized site for endos that can deal with adrenals. If they can do that a thyroid should be simple.
Minnesota
Rochester Endocrinologist Dr. Paul Carpenter, Mayo Clinic; Dept. of endocrinology
Rochester Endocrinologist Dr. Dana Erickson, Endocrinologist; Mayo Clinic; Rochester, Rochester Dr. Fredric Meyer, Mayo Clinic; Rochester, Mn

Rochester Neurosurgeon / Pheo Dr. William F. Young Jr. Mayo Clinic
Review "He has been treating people with Cushing's for over 15 years and has seen a lot of Cushing's patients. He is very good at listening to what you have to say and will answer any question that you may have. He encourages me to call him anytime if I have a questions and he will call me back as soon as possible."

I do not know how close these guys are to you, but it might be worth looking into them.
MG

Old 04-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
(female)

seekingwellness HB User

WOW MG ~ Thanks so much!!! You have really gone out of your way to help me and I appreciate it a bunch! I hope someday I can help someone like you have helped me!

Thank you again ~ I will be looking into some of those doctors ASAP!

Have a great evening
Seeking Wellness

Closed Thread