It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

cossette2 HB User
Question Synthoid dose too high? I can't stop eating all of a sudden.

Just throwing this out there, but for the last week or so I find I have a voracious apetite which is odd for me. For the last few years i seem to have been struggling with adrenal problems and with that i had little or no appetite. Now I can eat and eat and eat. I'm feeling a little hyper too which is what caused me to wonder if my synthroid dose might be too high. I don't get tested again until June 3 (every 3 months until it levels again), so this morning i tried skipping this morning's pill just to see if that helps a bit.

On the positive side, I am sleeping regularly again and for the first time in months I slept over 9 hours last night. Quite the change from averaging 4 to 6 hours and that often in 2 or three parts with hours awake in between.

Would appreciate any comments out there.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

osteoblast HB User
Re: Synthoid dose too high? I can't stop eating all of a sudden.

Cossette-When I went hyper I sucked up found like a vacuum , which is totally not the way I have eaten in my life. I felt drawn to just keep eating. After about 5 days of some pretty strange behavior- compulsive eating, changing moods really fast, feeling very anxious, not sleeping, etc, I asked for an early testing of my levels and yes, I was hyper.My then endo had increased my dose from 75 to 100-why she didn't try the 88 is beyond me. Anyway, if you are feeling not yourself, you could always request early testing? Have you had a dose change recently? Or, have you added another med or stopped another med?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread