It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User
So how do I know the real reason for the acne?

I'm torn between waiting it out or asking my dr. about Armour. I hate to keep switching meds (I just switched from levothyroxin to synthroid the other week), but I don't know if I've been on any of this long enough for it to be my hormones or an allergic reaction to the medicine itself. I always had hormonal breakouts (cystic acne on my chin) before now, but I've only had one or two at a time, not 20.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:25 AM   #2
(female)

dhfini HB User
Re: So how do I know the real reason for the acne?

Hi tigger I know this bad acne stuff sucks, my endo won't even talk about armour and I drive 3 hrs to see him. I go to my family dr monday and I'm going to ask her to prescribe me the armour. It's worth it to try, at this point I'll do anything

I went off of my synthroid for almost 2 weeks, and my acne got better and I was noticeably not as bloated, but all of those horrible low thyroid symptoms came back including the hives. So I started back on yesterday morning.

can't stand the weight gain and acne this sucks!!! I'll keep you posted as to what my dr says she will do for me.

dawn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
(female)

dhfini HB User
Re: So how do I know the real reason for the acne?

Hi I just want to say I love my new family Dr. I told her about going off of my synth and how I feel and I had a list of questions and a list that a Great lady on here gave me of tests that needed to be run.

She says well, I'm on you side, what do you want me to do? I'll order what you want and give you what you need!!! It is so nice having a dr that will do the tests to get to the bottom of how we feel. YEAH I feel great just knowing that she is on my side, and if I decide to try the armour, then she will prescribe it to me!! I have to wait 6 weeks to get all of the hormone testing, to get the meds out of my systom, so I will find out in June.

I just want to feel like a normal 30 year old woman, I mean a normal 30 year young woman!!

I hope that you will find a dr to test you with out question, when I thought I was done ordering my tests she actually asked "so is there anything else you want me to do?" I love that question b/c I've never heard it before!!!!

Closed Thread