It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mauz HB Usermauz HB Usermauz HB User
Armour and Hashimoto ?

Has anyone heard that armour thyroid exacerbates the symptoms of Hashimoto's? it increases antibodies.
I keep reading about this and I was wondering if anybody with Hashimoto has problems with Armour.

Thanks for any info !!

Old 04-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Armour and Hashimoto ?

Huh? Well I will look into it, but that is a new one. It kinda sounds like it may be a smear campaign against Armour. I do not take it.. but I went into medication knowing that my T3 was much higher than my T4 levels.. adding T3 is like adding fuel to the fire.

I wonder if this is a spin off of peopel taking armour when they do not need the extra T3 supplement, the result being hyperT Hades. Okay.. since I am in research mode.. I am off!

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 06:17 AM   #3
(female)

Jelohi HB User

Well I sure hope not because I have Hashis and am on Armour! I only started about a month ago & am still working up to my ideal dose.

I am confident my Doc knows what he's doing though. He is extremely well versed on thyroid and Armour.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

From journals and FDA references, Hashimoto's is not a flag against using Armour.

Adrenal/pituitary issues are supposed to be treated first, but thyroid issues is what it is made for.. it is also noted that the T3 levels should be evaluated thoroughly to insure you do not OD on T3 and drive yourself hyperT.

Have you heard this word of mouth? Did you see a specific document on it? A statistical study?

MG

Old 04-27-2008, 06:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mauz HB Usermauz HB Usermauz HB User

I read it on another board and I was wondering about it.
Thank you so much for checking !!
So good to have you on this board.

take care

Old 05-13-2008, 06:25 AM   #6
(male)

FEELBAD62 HB User

I have Hashimoto's and my doctor switched me from Armour to Thyrolar due to the potential of Armour creating more antibodies. BTW my antibodies were 276. Is this high?

Old 05-13-2008, 07:09 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

My antibodies were detected at a level of 285 and jumped to 1675. I was on no thyroid medications. My TSH was disgustingly normal. I am on a T4 supplement right now.

Yes, 276 is high.. it is how they know you have Hashimoto's; but, your antibodies are not excessive. You just have a nice steady wave of destruction on your thyroid. Antibodies can make you feel like cow excrement be they 60 or 2000.

Armour will not increase your antibody levels. Undertreated hypothyroidism and triggering of the TPO and TG will cause more TPOAb and TGAb to be produced and activated. Your immune system alone makes more antibodies. Armour DOES NOT increase Hashimoto's antibodies! Where do they come up with these things? *snort*

MG

Old 05-13-2008, 04:14 PM   #8
(male)

FEELBAD62 HB User

He also wants me to start taking OTC Moducare to help lower the antibodies. I have felt like cow *** for years and they thought it was just adrenal fatigue with candida causing all my symptoms!!! I've been on Armour for a month and feel so much better!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
(female)

talbet0729 HB User

I thought that Armour was supposed to help with the Hashi's symptoms by suppressing the TSH? I don't know...

All I know is that I have Hashi's and I was on Levothyroxine for 6 months and it didn't do squat for me. I felt horrible the whole 6 months.

I started on Armour a little over two months and it has worked wonders for me. I have my life back. I'm not 100% yet, but doing sooo much better. I love the stuff.

Closed Thread