It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
(female)

MOLLY6 HB User
Thanks!!!!!!!!

I know everyone here feels the same but I just have to say how many times I have gone to the website and felt enormously better after reading some of your posts. When I was first diagnosed, my TSH was 36. I felt ill for a long time, but the same as everyone else, it took forever to get diagnosed. Now I am on 125 mg of Levothyroxine and am feeling better. But I still worry about every little thing. Sometimes my insides shake so much I feel like I am going to explode. I have red dots on my torso that I never had, dry skin that I never had, my eyes are always so red that I look like I've been drinking (maybe I should). My legs ache, my fingers tingle and I cry at the drop of a hat - which I hate, hate, hate. I have trouble breathing and trouble remembering things. I was always so in control and this is killing me. But every time I get a new symptom, I look to this website to see if it is common to the disease (hypo with hashi's). At least if I see it here I know it is indicative of the disease. But I really feel thankful for this website which helps me to sleep at night. It let's me know that there are many others out there who are dealing with the same or even worse symptoms. Thanks to all who write here to help ease the minds of people like me.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User
Re: Thanks!!!!!!!!

So true Molly! Happy the boards help you too!! For me, I wouldn't be diagnosed if not for all the stories here. My 1st endo made fun of me for reading the "internet". Well, he's no longer my doctor and I have the correct treatments now. Yes, its so helpful to read our symptoms are not in our heads. I've presented my symptoms to doctors for so many yrs to be ignored. I was able to get off xanax and dalmane by having support from an internet group! Not one doctor would help me the correct way. So thank God for these forums!!! Wishing you continued healing!! cj
Hysterectomy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 08:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Thanks!!!!!!!!

Your welcome ladies. We welcome all to our dysfunctional thyroid family and know just what you are going through. It sometimes takes those that have swam through the muck to look back and see the right path. Unfortunately MDs have rarely wallowed with us. I am off to leap off another levy!

MG

Closed Thread