It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
(female)

mattie75 HB User
Going to Dr. on Tuesday and begging for someone with a knife

This thing has got to come out. Miserable today. Hurt, shake, weak, swollen, can't poop etc. etc.

I hope I find someone close to home to take it out. I am now convinced this is my thyroid, and will not hesitate to get it out. Insomnia and sweating all night last night. Did not take cytomel today because I feel I am overmedicated with the TSI and all.

This disease is so miserable. But I know I am not alone, there are so many post like mine. Thanks for all of ya'lls support and concern. I don't know where I would be without this site. I have learned a lot here. I wish I had found it 18 years ago.

Mattie

Old 04-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User
Re: Going to Dr. on Tuesday and begging for someone with a knife

Mattie--I was reading one of your earlier posts about having a TSI of 140. Technically that means you have Grave's. I do realize you said you had a high normal TSH, but with the antibodies, you do have Grave's. Maybe you can ask for an uptake scan to further the support of removing your thyroid. Need to point out that your numbers are hard to normalize with the graves/hashi fluctuations. If you definitely want it out, of course a surgeon will need the least amount of convincing, especially with proof of a high TSI.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
(female)

mattie75 HB User
Unhappy Re: Going to Dr. on Tuesday and begging for someone with a knife

My doctor and I have discussed this and really don't know what else to do. I did have RIU in October with low normal after 6 hours, I believe my number was 8. She mentioned that she wished she could have done it when my T4 was 13.5 instead of 7. She too was trying to catch it on a rampage, but was thinking hot nodule.
I really am not sure now about the Hashi's because I think I have read where Grave's can also have high TPO's also. I have also had high reverse T4 which in my opinion is just my poor old wore out body trying to get rid of some of that high T4. My doctor was trying to replace T3 but it is not going well at all. I feel OK on a very low dose, 5 mg., but have not been able to increase at all without hyper symptoms. I really don't think I have any other choice at this point, except maybe RIU 133 but really don't want that.

Funny thing about this is my TSH has never been out of normal range except low a couple of times. It also seems very slow to respond after symtoms start. I have had several bouts of this over the years, started after bad case of mono, with subacute thyroiditis.

Also, strange enough this always get worse in the spring. Autoimmune and spring allergies I guess.

Just ready for it to go. Told my poor understanding husband to take me to the dumpster,shoot me, and just throw me in this morning. My poor old body and mind is just worn out from this. Muscles hurt and jerk and jump, and the insomnia is back. One red staring eye now and at times can't focus to read the writing on the TV. That great grey tone to my skin is back also. Not loosing any weight though, probably the methyprednisilone I am taking.

I have an appointment with a surgeon coming the 15th of May. Just need that recommendation from my doctor, and she is great. Said she never had a case like mine, but has stuck in there with me. Will see her Tuesday morning.

Thanks to all of you for caring, it really helps.
Mattie

Old 04-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Going to Dr. on Tuesday and begging for someone with a knife

I do not think the world wide web was up to this 18 years ago. My mom still squeels and jumps on the chair when I tell her to shake the mouse when the screen saver pops up. Gotta love her. I even bought the mouse that looks like a rodent as a joke.. anyway. I am their with you Mattie. Sign me up to get the beast out of my throat. I am waxing hyperT/hypoT in day to day increments. I actually feel hypoT and hyperT at the SAME time these days. I go back to my MD on Friday. Time for more blood work and an eval of how my body is holding up. Things just seem to be failing.. often. I must say I had diarhea today after the hypoT shrapnel poop. I spend way to much time on the pot.. waiting.

Anytime our immune system is taxed it is going to aggravate AI conditions. Allergies, illness.. you name it. UGH! The flu and Hashimoto's/Graves do not get along. Talk about body war of the walking dead woman. But with a husband and five year old you can not stop.

I am wishing you the best and if you tell your MD you know the complications and are tired of the medication torture.. let us remove the source and then treat the body.. she will understand. Good luck! Get well. Hide in your cave away from the blooming mess, grunt and growl.. bite someone.. not to hard.

You will feel better. I was reminising(sp) about all the hours I have wasted in the MD waiting rooms in another post.. don't the average MDs and their staff make you feel like cows waiting your turn to be milked or have your hooves cleaned before being herded back out the door? I have a feeling the average MDs feel we have about the sense of a cow when it comes to knowing what is wrong with us.. maybe I will Moo at the next MD that treats me that way.. Yeah, I will do that. My IM and her staff are safe.. no double or triple bookings. 45 minutes is the max wait and that was with 11 tubes of blood work. *snort* The tech wasn't sure of what all she needed.. so she took a tube per test. Gotta love them.

Keep your head up and vent here. We will help and listen. We are your cheering squad! Go Mattie, TT!

MG

Closed Thread