It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
(female)

holly207 HB User
Lab Results

I had labs taken last week and wanted to see what you all thought about the outcome. I have an appt with a endo about a thyroid nodule in about a month. My pcp says the levels are a little high but still normal I have had at least 2 blood test within the last 3 years say that I was a little hyper.

T3 29 refrence range 22-35
t4 8.2 refrence range 4.5-12.5
2.4 refrence range 1.4-3.8
TSH 3rd generation 0.89 refrence range mIU/L

Thanks for you help

Old 04-28-2008, 05:19 AM   #2
(female)

Lesa45 HB User
Re: Lab Results

Hi Holly, doesn't that long wait just grind your gears? Have you had an fna or raiu yet? If so what do they suspect is going on? I have a cold nodule with suspicious cells and a bunch of hot nodules also. Hmmmm.... Wednesday I will see what the surgeon says.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
(female)

holly207 HB User

I have not had either fna or raiu yet. When they found the nodule in December I was told lets wait 6 months and then talk about a fna... With what you have do all of your labs come back like mine back and forth from normal to abnormal? What is each of the procedures you mentioned? Thanks

Old 04-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #4
(female)

Lesa45 HB User

Hi Holly, My bloodwork was barely within lab ranges.My TPO ab was 916 (normal range 0-32) YIKES. TPO means antibodies which means my body is fighting something off. Probably my thyroid. Have you had an ultrasound? How did you find your nodules? I saw mine while putting on lotion. I went for a phhysical and dr could not feel anything and asked if I had pulled a muscle in my neck! I went for an ultrasound the same day and there are multiple nodules. One was much larger than the rest so I had an FNA (Fine Needle Aspirartion). Not nearly as bad as they sound. The cells came back suspicious. That's where the RAIU comes in handy to see if your nodules are absorbing iodine. Hot absorb too much and cold absorb little or none. I have two cold and several hot. I see a surgeon tomorrow. I suspect she will say it has to go. I feel c***** all the time. Do you have any of the symptoms you have read about on healthboards? Nodules are very common and are not always a problem. Hopefully yours will be in that category. Try not to worry.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
(female)

holly207 HB User

I went to the doctor and they felt my thyroid and it was enlarged so they did a ultrasound at that time and found the nodule. I do have symptoms of hyper at times it may only last a month or so and then it goes away...I am hopeing that the endo tells me I am fine and don't have to go back ha. Wishful thinking!

Closed Thread