It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

rjan HB User
Anyone w/experiencing switching meds (Levoxyl to Levothyroxine)

Hi all,

My insurance will no longer pay for Levoxyl so I am forced to switch to Levothyroxine. Both will be 25mcgs doses, taken daily except Sundays.

Has anyone had to switch using these two particular brands and are they similar enough? Should I be prepared for problems?

thanks
rja

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2008, 12:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Anyone w/experiencing switching meds (Levoxyl to Levothyroxine)

Both contain the same active ingredient. You may notice no difference at all... especially in such a miniscule dose. Is that actually doing anything for you?

If you do happen to notice a difference, you may be able to get your Levoxyl benefit restored if your MD is willing to go to bat for you with your insurer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2008, 06:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Anyone w/experiencing switching meds (Levoxyl to Levothyroxine)

I don't think you'll find a difference, but if you do, check into the pricing, because my insurance doesn't cover synthroid, but I only pay a few dollars more for that.

Closed Thread