It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
(female)

MOLLY6 HB User
Purpura

I started to get red blood spots on my midriff about 1 year ago. Some people say its age (56) and some tell me it is due to being hypothyroid. Does anyone else get these?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
(female)

Lesa45 HB User
Re: Purpura

Hi, I was surprised to see your post. Since my last child (10 yrs ago) I have had these little red spots on my torso. Sometimes they are almost non existant and at other times they are raised and I notice them more. I have had them for so long I associated it with hormones fluctuating. I have never thought of it as being a thyroid thing. I have never mentioned it to my doctor. Very interesting. I hope someone else knows a thing or two about it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
(female)

talbet0729 HB User
Re: Purpura

I started to get red dots too. I got mine the same time I started noticing all of my other hypothyroid symptoms for the first time. When I asked my doc about them he said that they are cherry angiomas and you get them as you get older. Wish I knew more about them. Since I've been on my thyroid meds I haven't noticed any new ones.

Closed Thread